Is there a way to justify text in Photoshop Elements?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to justify text in Photoshop Elements 10 but can't find any place that I can do that.  Can I justify text and, if so, how?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

If you paste the text into a paragraph box, try one of these keyboard shortcuts while all of the text is selected:

Ctrl+Shift+J (Cmd-Shift-J)

or

Ctrl+Shift+F (Cmd-Shift-F)

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only left, right or center alignment. I usually copy from a word processor document or the net, but I still have to use the tab key. But it works.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using cut and paste from a Word file after I justified the text and it just reverted back to the previous justification in the layer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a type tool, click the Align pop-up menu and select any of the following:

Left Align
Aligns the left edge of each text line in the layer to the initial cursor position.

Center
Aligns the center of each text line in the layer to the initial cursor position.

Right Align
Aligns the right edge of each text line in the layer to the initial cursor position.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I say justify, I mean an alignment to the left AND right simultaneously so that in effect the left and right sides of the text are squared or uniform to the edge.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest that you type the text, aligned justify mode, in WORD.

Then, import picture or graphic enhanced in Elements, into WORD.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you paste the text into a paragraph box, try one of these keyboard shortcuts while all of the text is selected:

Ctrl+Shift+J (Cmd-Shift-J)

or

Ctrl+Shift+F (Cmd-Shift-F)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!  Thanks for that tip.

Ken

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your welcome.

If you had a paragraph panel in elements (like photoshop) then these are the buttons that those shortcuts correspond to:

(unfortunately the other two justify options don't have any default keyboard shortcuts in elements nor photoshop, as far as i know)

Clipboard.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I should have checked this first, but my favourite add-in, Elements+ (http://elementsplus.net/) will do all the text alignments:

ep text opts.png

Ken

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As has been explained, you can't justify text in PSE.

Any project that requires such formatting should be done in a word processing program or a page layout program.  You can obviously use PSE to edit the images used in the project.

Ken

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines