• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Launch of PSE 2021 Freezes at Initialization

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased PSE 2021 and installed it on a Windows 10 PC. it worked fine for a few days and then froze at initialization. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times and the same thing happened.  When I opened the organizer it opened fine but wouldn't let me access any of the menu items.  I have PSE 2020 on the same computer and it works fine.  I have been using PSE for many years and never had this problem before.   There must be some sort of conflict that arises after the program successfully opens. Any help would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased todau and I've got the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try the below steps to see if this fixes your problem

For Windows :

• Go to the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe and then rename the folder named SLCache to SLCacheOLD.
  • Then go to the location C:\ProgramData\Adobe and then rename the folder SLStore to SLStoreOLD. (Note: If you are not able to find the ProgramData folder, then probably it's hidden, to unhide it, you may try this)
  • The above steps are going to reset the preferences of the Photoshop Elements and that is the reason Photoshop Elements will ask to enter the serial number for the product again. Now go to the desktop screen and right click on the Photoshop Elements icon and then click on Run as administrator.
  • Then click on “License this software” and enter the serial number for the product again.
  • Check the program now.

Note: If you are not sure what the Serial number is, then go to http://www.adobe.com  and sign in with your Adobe Id and password. Once you are in then go to Manage Your Account. Then Click on Plans on the top, Under My products (left panel) you should be able to see the serial numbers.

You can also try troubleshooting from here

Still face any issue, would request you to connect to the Support team directly(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/support.html) and get this resolved.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello together,

we're subsequently facing this issue with to of our client pcs. We followed your advise (and others, e.g. holding ctrl-alt-shift while starting pse). After that it looks fine for a while, but one or two weeks later the same problem occurs again. For our customers/users it is not resonable to delete the cache over and over again.

Using your link to the support site there is info about how getting support: It says we're able to get support by telephone or chat but nowhere I can find a link or a phone number to do so.

Can you nevertheless help us?

Kind regards, Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And What can i do when i have the same problem on a Mac ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your DNS settings. When in doubt change your DNS to 8.8.8.8, flush the DNS cache (on Windows you'd use: "ipconfig /flushdns"), for best results restart the PC (which also restarts all of the Adobe services) and then try again. Today I went from a stalling Photoshop Elements to a fully working setup after doing the above.

I've come to conclude that something has changed between PSE 2020 and 2021 where the latter relies more heavily on DNS requests than its predeccesor. Also keep in mind that some internet routers merely act as "DNS relays", which can basically result in DNS queries taking a longer time to resolve (assuming they weren't cached), and that can also cause problems (theoretically anyway).

Therefor my suggestion is to check your DNS settings whenever you're having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @ShelLuser 

Thank you for your help. We're currently waiting for the error coming up again.

As we're operating a whole office with different cloud integrations and more complexity, we cannot change the DNS settings for the clients very easily. But we will monitor if there is something conspicious of this kind as soon as the error shows up again.

kind regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works great now!!!!!  Thank you for the solution Nidhi!!!

Rich 

Hi,

Please try the below steps to see if this fixes your problem

For Windows :

• Go to the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe and then rename the folder named SLCache to SLCacheOLD.
  • Then go to the location C:\ProgramData\Adobe and then rename the folder SLStore to SLStoreOLD. (Note: If you are not able to find the ProgramData folder, then probably it's hidden, to unhide it, you may try this)
  • The above steps are going to reset the preferences of the Photoshop Elements and that is the reason Photoshop Elements will ask to enter the serial number for the product again. Now go to the desktop screen and right click on the Photoshop Elements icon and then click on Run as administrator.
  • Then click on “License this software” and enter the serial number for the product again.
  • Check the program now.

Note: If you are not sure what the Serial number is, then go to http://www.adobe.com  and sign in with your Adobe Id and password. Once you are in then go to Manage Your Account. Then Click on Plans on the top, Under My products (left panel) you should be able to see the serial numbers.

You can also try troubleshooting from here

Still face any issue, would request you to connect to the Support team directly(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/support.html) and get this resolved.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is related, but from the Home screen, after I click on the Organizer button, the Organizer screen appears full size and flashes once as it comes on.  The commands in the top left side are frozen until I click on the page size icon in the upper left. Then I can move the screen, with another flash - then the commands in the top left side are functional.  But when the screen is full size, they are not.

________________________________________________________________________________________ Fuji HS50EXR, Samsung S9+. Nikon Coolpix P950. Just transitioned from PSE and PE 9 to 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me at least i found that when i have the issue of pse 2021 freezing at Initialization during start up i force quit the program the bring up the Creative Cloud Desktop Application and sign out and sign in and pse 2021 seems to work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened a couple of times for me too, with Elements 2021.  I am about 95% convinced that the root cause is starting Elements 2021 when you do not have an internet connection.  That has been the case for me on both occasions.  It is extremely frustrating that the software does not handle this situation more gracefully.  If anyone from Adobe reads these forums, for heaven's sake please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good candidate for the issue, if it's an authentication issue.

I have this issue as well. I use PSE when I need to get something done, often on a short time frame. This is a problem.

Note that not all users will:

- have the Administrator permission needed for this "fix"

- have the serial numbers for the product handy

or have the skill to perform this quickly.

Adobe's needs are always given priority over users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add that upon deleting the cache as described, it is now instructing me to uninstall and reinstall the product. Super. Thinking of uninstalling, and reinstalling PSE15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... I've been a little absent from the forums for a while and this issue was one of the main causes. I'm often away from home for a couple of days which means that I basically use my setup once every week, and every single time that I got home again I got confronted with this issue. It would even get so ridiculous that I got home on Wednesday and in the evening I started PE2021 to see what would happen; things worked normally.

Then the next day I actually tried to get some work done, I'd fire up PS201.... and you guessed it. Very frustrating indeed.

However, it would seem that they are working on it, or so I guess, but it is a little confusing for me because I disabled automatic updates. So I assume the program can't update itself, but on the other hand some behavior changed.

Nowdays the program crashes when I try to close it. I've already sent in a detailed bug report, but it happens every time. Whether I work on an image or not: I close the program and wham, the crash report shows up. However....  much to my surprise this is also the first time since months that I was able to start the software on a Friday without having to re-install it (the re-init option which was mentioned somewhere else (removing cache directories) no longer works because that renders Premiere Elements unusable for some reason).

The only thing that changed on my computer are Windows 10 updates, but that's it and that's all. PE2021 is also the only program which behaves like this, other graphical software (Daz Studio, Bryce, ZBrush) doesn't have any issues at all. But yeah, as bizarre as it sounds this is actually an improvement, now I finally can get some work done (my creativity takes a huge blow when I rely on tools to be available, only to end up having to muck around to try and get things back to work. Simply put: I can't work like that which is one of the reasons I kept quiet because, well... "If you don't have anything nice to say, maybe don't say anything at all?" (other than bug reports) is what I live by).

Anyway, previously I mentioned the option of dynamic IP addresses which could cause something. I kinda doubt that theory was correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK I got this one!!! I'll die a bachelor, but I got this one!!!

Uninstall NORTON!!! Mine was Norton 360

Drag Norton application to trash

uninstall

restart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines