• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lousy "Duplicate Images" results

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get Adobe Photoshop Organizer to give me usable results in a "Duplicate Image" search?

Why? Because the image attached tells the story. The search results are nearly useless.

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, this forum allows inluding links to attachments in your posts. The result is that most users who could help you will NOT use them because it's too dangerous. The normal and safe way to show your screenshots and images is to 'embbed' them in your post, using the 11th icon on the icon bar above your post.

I am afraid you can't rely on the visual search in the organizer nor on external duplicate finders to get what you are expecting. The main issues are:

- the definition of a 'duplicate' (not only same name...)

- the fact that an external search will create 'missing' files in the organizer if it even can help you choose among the duplicates

- the fact that finding and 'stacking' the duplicate set does not help you to choose the one to keep.

So, my two personal rules:

- rather find the reasons for duplicates rather than trying to delete them

- stacking files is already an efficient way to manage duplicates rapidly when browsing in the organizer. The spoiled disk space is not a major issue with catalogs today. Better having an efficient browsing tool than a 'clean' folder organization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines