• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR xmp to Elements abr conversion

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PS Elements 2019 and would like to import some LR xmp presets. Is this possible? If so, how? Many thanks. 

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Import and export , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say you have applied a preset to a file in LR and saved the metadata to files (xmp sidecars) shortcut Ctrl S.

If you open that file in the PSE ACR plugin, the effect is applied. In the organizer, you'll have to 'update thumbnail' to see the effect.

As usual with the PSE ACR, each time you save your edits by clicking 'Done' or 'Open', the settings are saved to be able to be re-applied with the 'last conversion' option of the 'basic' tab.

So, you only have to keep that file as a reference to apply the settings to the next files.

- open the reference file, click 'Done' or 'Open'

- open the target file or batch of files, sect all

- set the option to 'previous conversion'

- Click 'Done' or 'Open'

Does it help a little?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Michel. I appreciate your response. I don't have LR, but was given some LR xmp presets which I dearly love to use. I just don't know how to use them as PSE only uses acr files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Elements does not recognize such LR effects presets.

My suggestion was to take advantage of two PSE abilities:

1 - PSE ACR module and LR can use the same way to store the parametric edits (the sliders values) in xmp sidecar files or in the metadata header of jpegs, psd, tiffs... If you edit a file in LR by applying a preset, the changes are recognized when you open the file in the PSE ACR. In my tests, PSE recognizes all those edits, but you can only re-edit the features available in the limited PSE ACR interface, mainly the basic, calibration and detail panel.

2 - Each time you edit a file in the PSE ACR (even very slightly in a slider like clarity) PSE keeps a copy of the settings to be available for the next edit. You choose 'previous conversion' as indicated above.

So, if you can have a copy of a file edited in LR (or in PS ACR) with its applied preset, you can apply the effect from PSE to any other file. For instance, if you have a set of presets for weddings or portraits, landscapes, sepia... you can create your own library of applied presets. You can keep those reference files in the same album and/or folder. Those files don't need to be very big, they should serve as a big thumbnail and be named according to the preset name. If you don't have LR, maybe a friend with LR and the same presets could produce the reference files for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines