Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LUT in Photoshop Elements

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

Ive bought Photoshop Elements and im trying to get LUTS to work as presets, to color grade .raw files.

Now the first problem: my version of elements in in Dutch, horrible of course because all content on the web is in English. Is there any way to change the language to English?

And secondly, how can I get LUTs to work with raw files here? What would be the Dutch equivalent word for Color Lookup Table?

If not, is there any way to import something like an LUT/Lightroom preset to color grade .raw files?

Best,

Yannick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've moved your post to the Photoshop Elements forum

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

During the photoshop elements install you should have been able to select the language.

Anyway. loading camera raw presets is not the most straightforward process in photoshop elements as explained here:

The CoffeeShop Blog: Loading CoffeeShop Presets in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements ACR and LightRoo...

If you have actual LUT presets like Looks, cube, etc you could use an Color Lookup Adjustment Layer after you open the camera raw files into the photoshop elements editor, though the Color Lookup adjustments layer is not included in photoshop elements, it can be accessed using actions as shown below.

lut.jpg

You can get the action set from here, which includes some other adjustment layers as well.

One caveat is the adjustment layers can't be edited in photoshop elements once applied. You have to redo the adjustment layer to make changes.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff,

Thank you for the elaborate answer.

After two days, still no luck here, it either gets lost in translation or this color lookup table is just not available in my version. (elements 15, windows 10, Dutch)

I'm looking into alternative software right now, not planning on using this stripped down version of Photoshop anymore.

Best,

Yannick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not available in pse 15 unless you use the actions i linked to above.

You bought pse 15 from adobe or the Microsoft Store?

Is your operating system language set to Dutch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I downloaded the action set and I can load up the adjustment layer. However, I don't know how to load up my LUTs. In "normal" photoshop I would put the LUTs that I have in a special folder so that I can simply select one when making an adjustment layer. How does it work in Elements 2023?

thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucius B,

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 11. But I have already found out. It is the same folder as when you use the normal Photoshop, which is --> .../Presets/3DLUTs

Thanks for your help, anyway 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a question, I've found this link here from the answer above:

https://adobe.ly/2FkleFF

This file .atn what exactly is?  How can I use 3d LUTs filter on Photoshop Elements?

And how can I use Color Lookup in Photoshop Elements ? (Color Lookup Adjustment Layer)?
Thank you for the help in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Valentina,

What version of photoshop elements and operating are you using?

Looking at a screenshot from another post you made, are you using Elements XXL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, sorry I read only today. I have Photoshop Elements 2023 + Windows 10. (I have the trial of Elements XXL because still I'm testing if can be useful for the things I usually I like to make with photoshop elements)
I saw a link above with a file called "Adjustment layers.atn", what exactly is this file adjustment layer? Is an action?  
Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines