• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maps PSE 18

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly the maps in photoshop elements 18 have stopped working, does anyone have an answer ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may refer to following KB article : Map view does not load in Elements Organizer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the question was related to Elements 2018 (Elements Organizer 16.0.0.0), the KB article doesn't help! I have the same problem since 29.11.2018 with the mentioned version. Is there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

markos1258666  wrote

I think the question was related to Elements 2018 (Elements Organizer 16.0.0.0), the KB article doesn't help! I have the same problem since 29.11.2018 with the mentioned version.

The KB article has not been updated as you have seen.

When I try to open the map view in PSE 2018, I get a warning with a link to another article... which appears to be unavailable now.

Is there a solution?

I don't like to bring bad news, but it is obvious that there is no solution for PSE versions relying on Google, just like older versions (14, 15). Your only choice is to pay the upgrade to PSE2019 which is no longer based on Google. Lightroom users will have to update to the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Bad news. Last year I changed from pse 14 to pse 16, cause there was no support for maps anymore. It`s very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unbelievable. Could someone from Adobe make a comment please. I have only recently bought Elements 2018 version 16.0 at no small cost and now I am being told sorry please pay again for PSE19.  Is this real?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happened to me today. I recently upgraded to PSE2018 because it was adviced to upgrade according to this post https://forums.adobe.com/message/10580036?tstart=0#10580036

THIS PSE SUPPORT SCHEME IS REALLY UNPRECEDENTED.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichelBParis  schrieb

markos1258666   wrote

I think the question was related to Elements 2018 (Elements Organizer 16.0.0.0), the KB article doesn't help! I have the same problem since 29.11.2018 with the mentioned version.

The KB article has not been updated as you have seen.

When I try to open the map view in PSE 2018, I get a warning with a link to another article... which appears to be unavailable now.

At least they could have left the article to be accessible...

So, now, after paying 75 Euros one year ago for yet another version of Photoshop Elements, my third one, one shall again pay for a working map functionality?

I can only shake my head about such behavior. Adobe should be ashamed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Bought Elements 2018 a year ago and now I cannot create new locations. There seems to be no willingness by Adobe to consider this from the consumer's viewpoint. I feel very sorry for the person who bought a new version recently...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely disgraceful customer service by Adobe. Why cant they issue a patch to enable older versions to access the new map provider. Nothing more than a ploy to exploit more money from its customers.

I am using canon's software "Image Browser & Zoombrowser" for organising my photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is even more annoying is that you cannot add a Tag ID for a place anymore. So despite the Maps no longer working Adobe appear to have prevented Place Name Tagging altogether. Try adding a Place Name Tag to an image - it will not allow the Apply button to be pressed. This is clearly by design to force you to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In June 2018 I bought Elements 2018. Starting November, GoogleMaps will no longer be supported. Great disappointment. The website of Adobe indicates that the solution is to purchase Elements 2019. That would be very expensive after I recently bought 2018. I hope that Adobe 2018 will still update with a similar link or come up with another solution that will cost me little or no money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

You may contact support team, they would be able to help you here.

Regards,

Saurabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried to contact support team, but I was rebounded.

it is shameful that Adobe forces non-pro users to purchase the new release of elementes just to have the new functionality in maps.

as I think it is only new APIs from google and now I have to buy them at great cost....

at this point it is better to keep the old release of Elements and use another software for the gealocalization

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did contact support team.  was told by one agent i should have taken out a subscription, and by the other agent that it is tough and i need to pay to upgrade to 2019.  i bought the 2018 upgrade in Sept 2018 to find that it worked properly for the total of two months.  Sorry I find the attitude of Adobe support to be totally unsympathetic and no offer of a discounted or free upgrade was offered   If as you suggest, they should be sympathetic, perhaps they could be properly briefed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After this post of mine I was contacted by Support (presumably the Tier 2) and my dispute was resolved.  Many thanks to Piyush for his efforts, but pity the Tier 1 online support could not handle it in the first instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paulg95263824  wrote

After this post of mine I was contacted by Support (presumably the Tier 2) and my dispute was resolved.  Many thanks to Piyush for his efforts, but pity the Tier 1 online support could not handle it in the first instance.

Here is how I see the situation as just another PSE user without any inside knowledge.

1 - I understand the frustration to lose a feature which is important for you, but you are wrong in believing that Adobe does owe you something. As clearly stated in the system requirements, a number of features you have access to from PSE are from other developers, and Adobe can't guarantee they will be available everywhere and eternally. The map service is clearly a free service offered by Google, who have decided to cut the links from other services (not only PSE). Adobe has only devised an interface to communicate with Google and to integrate the map data into the catalog database. Google has first changed the interface, then reenabled it temporarily, then created a new interface (PSE2018) and finally dropped it. It's their software, it's free for you...

2 - In this situation, even if Adobe does not owe you anything, they have to keep their customers. By the way, their customers had the same issue with other editing softwares. Adobe totally reworked the interface and chose to work with a different Map provider to ensure the function will be available in future versions of PSE (and Lightroom...) That was ready for PSE2019.

3 - Adobe (and you may say any other editing software providers) don't rewrite their softwares for not current versions. Like most PSE users, I think that offering a special upgrade price for PSE2019 would have been the right commercial gesture to keep their user base, especially for those having upgraded to PSE 2018 and 2019. Obviously, their suggestions to call customer support was intended to examine each situation and to avoid too many users without any interest in Maps to get free or advantageous updates.

4 - In such circumstances, the first tier of support has really no weight and they can do about nothing. The second tier has somewhat more weight and they need to show that they have done a commercial gesture. After all, don't believe that Elements is the first concern for Adobe, it's far away for the 'pro' subscription softwares.

5 - So, for those who still want help from Adobe, I don't think it's the right thing to be aggressive and to ask for unfounded 'rights'. If you can show you have been a faithful customer and you are wanting to continue with PSE, you have more chances than with insults and rants. On the other hand, if you had to buy or upgrade to PSE2018 less than one month before the availability of PSE2019, you are entitled to a free upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do (mostly) agree with you. Nothing is gained with an aggressive attitude.

I do however think that the full-version upgrades for PSE every year is way to fast. There are almost no updates to a version of software. I believe that if a functionality in a software stops working for whatever reason, the maker can repair it with a patch/update. Not simply say "just buy a new version because we don't want to release any updates".

Same goes for support for the Apple HEIC format. I believe this can be, and should be added to older versions with an update. But no, it is only added to the newest version.

This simply does not feel right for software use, but that's just my feeling. I thing there should be more/better patches/updates and less frequent full new releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, well it seems not all customers are getting a similar response (if any) ... My support ticket is now 4 weeks old without any sign of response from either 1st or 2nd line. One online chat with Adobe was abandoned by them because they felt I took a few minutes too long to respond, and only got me as far as the US-based promotion open to anyone (including first-time customers) which happened to be a fraction less than the normal upgrade price ...

In terms of customer support, still sub-zero for me ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kelvinf63296251  wrote

Suddenly the maps in photoshop elements 18 have stopped working, does anyone have an answer ?

That was expected.

After removing access to older PSE versions, it has been announced several months back that the Google map feature would be dropped for Lightroom older versions.

Map is no longer supported in this version of Lightroom

Adobe has chosen another Map provider for PSE2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you, or anyone reading this, know if there is a listing of how Mapping is implemented for various versions of ADOBE products?  It seems it may be done differently year-to-year, version-to-version, product-to-product.  Knowing how they handle it might help someone select a particular product vs. an alternative.  Do you know if the method for the "fix"/UpDate in PSE 2019 is published somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KerryBatdorf  wrote

Do you, or anyone reading this, know if there is a listing of how Mapping is implemented for various versions of ADOBE products?  It seems it may be done differently year-to-year, version-to-version, product-to-product.  Knowing how they handle it might help someone select a particular product vs. an alternative.  Do you know if the method for the "fix"/UpDate in PSE 2019 is published somewhere?

Not sure I understand what you are expecting to find.

Other Adobe products include Lightroom Classic CC (the desktop app).

For instance, this software is currently using Google Maps:

Work with the Map module in Lightroom Classic CC

On each map, you have a link in the bottom to the Google general use conditions of the software.

Lightroom Classic CC being a subscription model, the question of updating every year is solved.

I have not checked if Lightroom CC (the cloud app) also offers a Map service.

I don't really need the Map service myself, I leave others to add more useful comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am one of those poor suckers who purchased PSE 2018 within the last three months.

At the time of purchase, there was no indication that a key feature in the Organizer would shortly stop working, and that there would be no fix other than to upgrade (at full upgrade price) to PSE 2019.

This is totally unacceptable. I purchased a full licence, not a 3 month subscription.

Had Adobe been open and honest about this matter, I would have reconsidered my options.

According to the consumer law protector in Australia (where I live): “Under the Australian Consumer Law, all goods or services supplied to consumers come with automatic consumer guarantees that they are of acceptable quality and fit for the purpose for which they were sold.  If they’re not, consumers have a right to a remedy. These consumer rights cannot be excluded, restricted or modified,”

Having PSE 2018 suddenly stop functioning as originally purchased is, in my view, clearly a breach of the intent of Australian law.

Dear Adobe: Please fix this issue in PSE 2018 so that your business practices meet the spirit and intent of the laws of the countries in which you sell your software.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in a similar position. I had to update to version 16 in October last year after Adobe cut off access to the map function and payed £107 for it. At that time Adobe did not even publish that it was removing support. I had to spend a lot of time reading various posts before it became clear that this was a cynical marketing ploy by Adobe to extract another payment from the user base. I did not expect them to play the same trick a year later.

The only reason I stayed with Adobe was that it was too much work to transfer all my photos to another system and so I thought a one off payment was worth it to avoid the hassle. if this is going to occur every year though, and each year the price escalates on what appears to be an exponential scale, I figure it is best to jump ship now rather than wait for the inevitable.

I will have to start to do some research. I notice that Google and Apple seem to record photo locations and dates automatically and the costs are not astronomical. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

megagrumpyness  wrote

I am in a similar position. I had to update to version 16 in October last year after Adobe cut off access to the map function and payed £107 for it. At that time Adobe did not even publish that it was removing support. I had to spend a lot of time reading various posts before it became clear that this was a cynical marketing ploy by Adobe to extract another payment from the user base. I did not expect them to play the same trick a year later.

If you have read the numerous posts about the issue, you must know that Adobe did not cut access to the Google map function. That's what Google did, and not only for Adobe softwares, for other applications it was the same. Adobe did not change a line of code to connect to Google. And since Google Maps is free for you, Google does not owe you anything. It's not the first time connections to other softwares are cut by those connected softwares (photo hosting sites, social media...) That's generally for safety and privacy reasons.

Yes, the situation is serious for the minority of people using the organizer, more precisely to the minority of organizer users who care about the map feature.

You can imagine what you want about what Adobe and Google are discussing and disclosing, but here is the chronology.
1 - Google cuts access to its Maps

2 - About the same time, PSE 2018 is disclosed with a new interface to connect to Google via a new Google interface.

3 - Google reinstates temporarily the old interface for older sofwares (not only PSE 14 and 15). Why?

4 - Beginning of this year, Lightroom users are warned by Adobe that support for the map feature will be closed on November 30. They are prompted to udpate their version. This is not critical for LR users since most are using the monthly subscription model.

5 - End of September, PSE 2019 is there. Now Adobe has left Google and chosen a new, more futureproof Map supplier.

6 - November 30. Access to Google from the old interface i cut for everybody, not only Adobe.

By the way, did you read your System Requirements?

Tech Specs & System Requirements | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019

Have a look at the last lines.

* This product may integrate with or allow access to certain Adobe or third-party hosted online services (“Online Services”). Online Services are available only to users 13 and older and require agreement to additional terms of use and the Adobe Privacy Policy (see www.adobe.com/go/terms). Online Services are not available in all countries or languages, may require user registration and may be discontinued or modified in whole or in part without notice. Additional fees or subscription charges may apply.

Knowing that, would you still write:

it became clear that this was a cynical marketing ploy by Adobe to extract another payment from the user base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines