Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My 4 x 6 photo prints are printing at 3.5 x 5

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Photoshop Elements.]

Hi, I'm trying to print 4 x 6 borderless photos from Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 to my HP OfficeJet Pro 8715 printer.  I can't find borderless settings (which my printer may not have) but it's not even printing a full 4 x 6 with a border, see the wide gray area on the side and the custom settings won't go larger than 3.48 x 4.48 for some reason.  I had the same printer in an 8600 prior to this one and I didn't have this problem then.  Any help would be appreciated!  Or any recommendations for a good printer that will print 4 x 6 and other size photos borderless.  Thank you in advance!

connie45248883_0-1614635886523.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your printer is currently trying to print to the HP 4 x 6.5" photo paper with a tab and not the borderless HP 4 x 6" paper.

If you can't find a borderless setting for your printer, try downloading the "HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Print and Scan Driver and Accessories" under the "Software Utility" section from the HP website:

HP OfficeJet Pro 8715 All-in-One Printer Software and Driver Downloads

It looks like some OfficeJet printers only come with basic drivers and you may need the full set to get borderless printing working.

Not an expert in HP printers at all, but hope that starts to point you in the right direction 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I saw another post somewhere about adding software for the 8720 and that worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to both of your for your help.  Adding the software for the 8720 that I first tried worked for borderless photo printing but gave problems for 8.5 x 11 document printing.  I used the link for the HP driver downloads and so far both types print jobs are working!

Thanks again,

Connie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines