• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My recent opened files don't update in PSE 15. There doesn't seem to be any customer service so maybe someone here has any answer or suggestion. TIA

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My recent opened files don't update in PSE 15. There doesn't seem to be any customer service so maybe someone here has any answer or suggestion. TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved out of the Forum Lounge (not for technical support) and to the Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this in the Organizer or the Editor?

Is it after saving changes?

What exactly are you doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is in the Editor

It's after saving all the changes, closing out and coming back in

I'm creating pages with many layers - it used to save the last files opened plus the layered page.

It seems stuck on files opened and saved quite a while ago and adds no new ones. It's not a terrible problem - I can always go to file then open, but it's annoying that it doesn't work like it used to because I used it frequently to pull up the page I was working on.

I'm trying to avoid uninstalling PSE15 and reinstalling because of all the actions and styles I would have to reload.

Thanks for your interest in helping me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only suggestion is to start from the Organizer. Select the thumbnails for your page and images and click the editor button at the bottom. This assumes you automatically save everything into Organizer or add to version sets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I haven't used the Organizer - maybe I should start to learn about it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the editor and Mac OSX10.11.6,

Unfortunately, this suggestion doesn't help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you correctly your problem is well known and it has been discussed and solved in this discussion

Editor-File-Open Recently Edited File

It's a long discussion and the solution is near the end. Just scroll down.

Hope it helps

Andreas

As an edit I'm inserting the relevant info from the link above:

"I've figured it out:

Open c:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Photoshop Elements\15.0\Editor\*.*

there you will see the file "MachinePrefs.psp" which contains the info about the last opened image files. If the list has reached the number 100 it stops to accept new image numbers.

It should, however, like in previous PSE versions, store the last file number and simply move position 99 to position 100, and so on. This doesn't (yet?) work with PSE15.

Now delete the "MachinePrefs.psp" file and you will have after the next opening of PSE15 again 100 positions available.

Andreas"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file path should include the Adobe folder – go to:

AppData\Roaming\Adobe (see my link) and thanks to Andreas.

http://99jon.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/photoshop-elements-15-open-recently.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon wrote:

The file path should include the Adobe folder – go to:

AppData\Roaming\Adobe (see my link) and thanks to Andreas.

http://99jon.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/photoshop-elements-15-open-recently.html

Very useful blog post, 99jon.

Unless I am wrong, when trying the deleting process, my other Editor preferences were reset. Is it just me? If so, check your own preferences afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly Michel. I’m working on Mac now and it is usually necessary to also delete the .plist file but I only trashed paths and settings. But yes deleting any prefs will restore defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jon for the clarification. The correct path indeed includes the Adobe folder:

c:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\15.0\Editor\*.*

The error occured while copying the path from the path line of the Win editor.

As mentioned in the long discussion I take it that Adobe will take care of this minor problem in hopefully not so far future .

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, still no updates to PSE15 .

I usually don't use the 'most recent' list for my own editing sessions... unless it's to play with effects and creative experiments.

My suggestion to prepare for such an editing session with many files from various folders or albums in the organizer.

- create a temporary album with such a name as it is shown on the top of the albums list: '_current' for instance.

- when browsing the organizer and selecting files to open, I just drag that album name on the selected file(s) to open.

- It's easy to find any file visually, even in more than a hundred pictures selection in the album.

- you can use the 'custom' sort order if you wish and delete any file which you don't think will be useful.

It's a quick additional step which lets you manage your own 'cache'; you'll probably find your required file faster by the visual browsing than by scrolling through a flat list of non descriptive file names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lapoint1207,

playing around a little, I moved the two preference folders from the library folder to the desk (in any case..!):

Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 Paths

Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 Settings

Then, when restarting PSE 15, the moved files were re-established, the"recent opened files..."-menu is empty and takes again the recently used files!

Finally, delete the moved folders from the desk.

Greetings

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe not only does not provide any direct support at all (phone, mail or chat) but not even takes care of reading these forums.

This has been going on for months: it's a bug, both under windows and Mac.

We provide them real money and therefore expect a real working product !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines