• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no help from customer service via chat or phone [Unable to install Elements 10 on Catalina]

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like a lot of people here, I bought a non subscription version of photoshop elements (10, I know its super old but thats what I know exacly how to use) the problem is, that I need it now on my laptop that doesn't have a disc drive. I was lucky enought and adobe provided the link to download the version 10, problem now is that because is too old that when I try to install it, it says that the developer needs to updated it in order to work with my computer.   I was told to install the new version and that my serial number should work, but it doesn't. I have tried to get help from the call service AND the chats, and they keep telling me they are goin to put me with the right person that can assists me and is not happening. This is the 3rd time, I have been waiting now for more than an HOUR AND A HALF ! on the chat and even try to call but my patiente only lasted 34mi....what should I do??Honestly at this point I just want the program to workI just want to have ANY version of photoshop elements that will work ....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac user? If you upgraded to macOS Catalina you need all new software. Your old Elements 11 is useless, and so is its serial number. You were misinformed. Buy again if you want to keep the use of Elements. You need the 2020 version, nothing else will work. This is Appleā€™s plan and all part of the joy of Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I am a Mac user.... oh my goodness! It would it be soooo nice if the "experts" would explain that from the beggining. Thanks for anwering ... I guess is time to shop around and find a software that I can install without subscriptions and the need to be online the whole time. I am a kindergarten teacher and I need to design colorful atractive works for my kids all the time...   if you know of any user friendly design softwares that I can buy it will be much apreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Test_Screen_Name says, you can purchase Elements 2020.

No subscription required and it works on Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A responsible computer owner checks compatibility BEFORE s/he upgrades their operating system. 

Catalina has some known issues, too, which you should be aware of.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-mac-64bit-compatibility.html

For the past 2 years, the Internet has been buzzing with articles and discussions warning users about the impact Apple's Catalina would have on older 32-bit apps.  It's not too late to revert to your former operating system and never upgrade it again. 

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/downgrade-macos-3581872/

Or you can buy the latest modern software that's compatible with Catalina.  You decide which is best for you.

Photoshop Elements 2020 (approx $100)

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year)

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nancy_OShea

Some of us have a life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Some of us have a life."

So do I!   But what has that got to do with this topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2020 (approx $100)

2020 is available right now for $69.99 and NO subscription is required.

https://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html?promoid=V2XYKZ3B&mv=other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rates vary by region and seasonal promotions.  That particular offer is good in the US until February 18, 2020 which coincides with our President's Day holiday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines