• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Repair Option on Manage Catalog PSE2020

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a corrupt catalog and both backups do not fix the problem.  I do not have the REPAIR option when I open Manage Catalog.  This is on two systems with different catalogs.

Elements Organizer 18.0.0.0
Core Version: 18.0 (20191114.was.138163)
Language Version: 18.0 (20191114.was.138163)

Current Catalog:
Catalog Name: My Catalog
Catalog Location: C:\Users\OWNER\Pictures\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\My Catalog\
Catalog Size: 552KB
Catalog Cache Size: 3.1MB

System:
Operating System Name: Windows 10
Operating System Version: 10.0
System Architecture: AMD CPU Family:15 Model:0 Stepping:1 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2
Built-in Memory: 7.5GB
Free Memory: 2.9GB

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'repair' button is dimmed until the correct catalog in the list on the left is selected.

If there is no such button, please share a screenshot here in the forum, not via mail. See the download icon, 4th from the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annotation 2020-06-15 164534.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd.  Your screenshot does not show a standard Manage Catalogs dialog.  All I can suggest is that you try resetting the preferences file. Immediately after launching the program, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK.

However, before getting to that, what makes you say that the catalog is corrupt?  And what is the problem that you are trying to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to rate several photos and I got an error message stating the catalog was corrupt.  I tried to optmize the catalog but it failed because the catalog was corrupted.  I then tried it again after rebooting the system to clear any memory problems, same result.  I then cleared cache, sorry I don't remember which cache, and that resulted in no change.  I then tried to restore 2 backups but they were copies of the corrupted catalog.  Finally this afternoon, I retrieved an off site backup, and the restore put a functional catalog in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt+Shift+Ctrl didn't work, but I was able to manual reset the preference file to the default.  It didn't accomplish anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I'm trhying to attach a bunch of photos to a location. It says it can't because it the catalog is corrupt. I found in the Adobe help how to repair but it says the funtion was removed after version 2018. Nowhere does it say what to do if your cataglog gets corrupt.

Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from the site:

Repair a catalog

If your catalog gets damaged by a power failure or technical glitch, Elements Organizer displays a message saying that there’s a problem with the catalog. Use the Repair command to fix it.

Note:

For macOS users:

• From Elements 2018 onwards the Repair option in Catalog Manager is removed.
  • If you're using Elements 15 or earlier, you cannot access catalogs present on a network drive.

• Close Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements.

• Open Elements Organizer and select File > Manage Catalogs.

• In the Catalog Manager, select the catalog you want to repair.
  • Click Repair.

• One of the following dialog boxes are displayed.
    • No errors were found: If a dialog box reports no errors were found in the catalog, click OK or Repair Anyway.

• Catalog doesn't have error: If a dialog box reports that the catalog doesn’t have errors, but the thumbnail cache does, click Delete Thumbnail Cache. Photoshop Elements deletes and regenerates the cache.

• Errors found: If a dialog box reports that errors were found, click OK or Cancel. If errors were found in the thumbnail cache, Photoshop Elements deletes the cache and regenerates it.

• Catalog is unrecoverable: If a dialog box reports that the catalog is unrecoverable, consider loading a backup of the catalog. For more information, see Backup or restore catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have used the repair option hundreds of times, and I must say that I have always got 'No errors';  never a single case of the other cases mentioned above. The error on the thumbnail cache are generally dealt with the 'optimizing" process or by deleting and letting it be recreated automatically.

I imagine that what takes place is a check by the Sqlite engine that the two databases (the main one, catalog.pseXXdb and the thumbnail cache) are ok and not much checking from the organizer for the other catalog components. So, the lack of the repair option does not look crucial for me. What is important is to have a recent backup copy of your catalog folder, which is fast and easy from the explorer or finder; it's also a new option in the new PSE2021 organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines