• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening the workspace for Elements 20 in iMac with Catalina

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can someone help me with this item. I have downloaded  and installed Elements 2020 successfully and got the welcome screen up. I can see and activate online links to advice but critically it will not open the Organiser Workspace or the Editor Workspace whatever I try (even opening existing PSD photos  to edit), nothing works.

I am upgrading from Elements 10 which no longer works as i have just had a new iMac hard drive fitted and am now using OS Catalina. I have been using Elements for several years so know what to expect but can't even get started.  I'm reasonably literate on using the imac and Elements but can't cope with a solution that requires in depth knowledge without my hand being held.
How dores one get personal technical help from Adobe on these issues?
thank you
Chris G
TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

What do you mean by welcome screen? Do you mean the (hub) Home Screen? It has separate buttons to launch the Organizer, Photo Editor and Video Editor (if installed)

You can check your installation by launching Finder.

Go to:

Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Applications⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020⁩ ▸ ⁨Support Files⁩

Inside the Support Files folder right-click (control-click) on Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor and choose Open

If the Editor launches can you click the Organizer button on the bottom tool bar. Does that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your reply.
Yes that is what I meant by the welcome screen.
I tried what you said (which i had done anyway) and the Editor icon
just bounces up and down from the Dock as if it it wants to open then just
stops without opening. Organiser Workspace is the same when I try to open
that.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you are having these problems. I’m unable to do further tests as I’m still on Mojave due to using 32 bit plug-ins.

You could try uninstalling and re-installing from my blog link.

https://99jon.blogspot.com/2019/10/how-to-install-photoshop-elements-2020.html

If that makes no difference you should contact Adobe directly.

This is a user to user community. For some issues it will be necessary to contact Adobe directly. Click the following link and scroll down the page to Individual. Then click “Sign in to contact us” It should be possible to start an on-line chat with Adobe Support.
https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jon for taking the trouble to reply.
I had trouble installing in so am a bit reluctant to uninstall and start
afresh yet. Thanks for pointing me to the link as I had been to that page
and just seemed to get into a loop as i could not see where to sign in. .
it seems to be circle in the top right hand corner which calls up a
virtual assistant. I will try that tomorrow as my head is a bit messed up
by Adobe tonight!
Thanks again
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

From your post we can infer that you are able to view the hub as shown below:

2020 Hub.PNG

But are not able to further launch the applications on clicking the icons directly. 

If this is the scenario, can you please also try accessing the applications using any of the below methods?

1. Click on the "Try" icon on any of the "TRY THIS" cards present just above the application icons on the welcome screen. Check if this takes you to the editor/organizer workspace.

2. Press "Shift" button on your machine and click on the organizer icon(Shift being pressed) till you see Catalog Manager window come up. Try accessing your catalog from here. Check if this takes you to the organizer workspace.

Please try and see if this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pryanshi

Yes you are correct that was the screen I got. Thank you for your suggestions. I had tried via the try it cards but had no luck. I would have tried your Nr 2 but a few days ago I was helped by an Adobe technician by phone and computer access who got Editor workplace for me but could not get the organizer to work and said there was "something" in my Imac account stopping it, but did not know what.  So she set up a new account for me on the same machine and managed to get everything working. I am now trying to see if I can get access to all I need from this new account. Unfortunately it took about a week of trying to connect up with a technician to do this but worth it in the end.

Cheers

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new update today Chris. You should be prompted to install next time you launch the Editor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that Jon
I did that but I got the message as follows

*There is no application set to open the URL
auphd://update?sapCode=PSE&baseVersion=18.0&platform=osx10-64&skipUpdateInfo=true.*

It says Search the App store or choose an app from my compute that can open
this document.

Have to force quit Editor to close quit it and just get te message on
reopening or trying to do the updatevagain from thebprompt.

I've no idea how to deal with this , any help please? So the bug fix for
my earlier issue seems to be causing another bug instead.

Luckily Editor still opens so I can try to use it and don't want to lose
that.

Thank you

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

Try navigating to the Adobe Update Helper app. It should be possible to manually bypass the error message and install the update. See this similar conversation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for referring me to the other conversation and with the full
instructions. That worked for me and was very helpful indeed. It soon said
"Your Application is already up to date" and not bothering me with the
other message now.
Thanks for being so helpful;

cheers
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines