• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo editor won't open in Photoshop Elements 2019

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Photoshop Elements 2019. I used it this afternoon but when I try to open the editor it spins and nothing opens. I have tried clicking on the saved file itself but nothing happens there either. I have restarted my computer but this makes no difference.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. After I Installed Photoshop Elements 2019, I was able to edit a photo. After that I can't open the editor. I can see the photo in the organizer but while I'm trying to open, the computer spin and spin and after a while doesn't open the photo for editing. I have tried everything but nothing works. PLEASE HELP. I'm very frustrated with version 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob , can you please tell me more about the graphics driver for the video card. Where do I look? How I do that? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See here:

how+to+find+out+what+my+video+card+is

Once you know the card, you go to the manufacturer's support website (Download Drivers | NVIDIA , for example) and you can find what drivers are available.  Some sites will autodetect your card, but that may require allowing them to download an application on your computer.  I prefer to do it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your suggestion. I found the Graphic Card info. (NVIDIA GeForce 610M) and downloaded the driver but I still can't open the Photo Editor. The computer spin and continue to spin for 20 seconds or so but never open the Photoshop Elements 2019 Editor, so I can't do anything with the program.

I'm able to open Premier Elements 2019 and the Organizer, but NOT the Photo Editor.

Do you think this problem could be related to disk memory (I have about 45,000 photos in the editor). All previous versions of Adobe Photoshop Elements (2011- 2018 works very well on this computer - Photo editor is working on Photoshop Elements 2018). What other things could prevent opening the Photo Editor in Photoshop Elements 2019? Any suggestions, PLEASE HELP. I need to work with Photoshop Elements 2019. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabogal,

Please try the below steps to see if this fixes your problem

(Note: Below steps are for Windows computer):

For Windows :

1. Go to the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe and then rename the folder named SLCache to SLCacheOLD.
  2. Then go to the location C:\ProgramData\Adobe and then rename the folder SLStore to SLStoreOLD. (Note: If you are not able to find the ProgramData folder, then probably it's hidden, to unhide it, you may try this)
  3. The above steps are going to reset the preferences of the Photoshop Elements and that is the reason Photoshop Elements will ask to enter the serial number for the product again. Now go to the desktop screen and right click on the Photoshop Elements icon and then click on Run as administrator.
  4. Then click on “License this software” and enter the serial number for the product again.
  5. Check the program now.

Note: If you are not sure what the Serial number is, then go to http://www.adobe.com  and sign in with your Adobe Id and password. Once you are in then go to Manage Your Account. Then Click on Plans on the top, Under My products (left panel) you should be able to see the serial numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem. I am running windows 10. I purchased and installed 3 days ago and have been able to work with it just fine. There was a Creative Cloud update today for Camera Raw (or something like that), so I installed it. afterwards, I was still able to edit photos. I was in the process of creating a GIF and I could not longer "save to web". I would get a "could not find the file location" (or something like that). I restarted PSE, it opened just fine, but then when I tried to open Editor Workspace, It just hangs and then stops. I have reinstalled all my adobe products (Acrobat DC, Flash, Creative Cloud, and PSE), and still get the same thing.

I tried your suggestion, but I was never prompted to enter my serial number. I really thought this solution was going to work!

Any other suggestions to get past this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.  Adobe was no help with this.  thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this did not work.  It simply wont open at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me..at least for now. I noticed several people with this issue installed on a drive other than "C:". I installed on "D:" due to the larger capacity. I wonder if this is part of the problem. Also, the problem started afer I installed Premier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so glad I found this fix it worked on my Photoshop Elements 2020 a treat. The only differences were I needed to restart the computer and then click on the icon on my desktop, it then brought up a box asking for me to log in and then if I had a licsense. I put in the serial number and it works fine now. Best thing is no uninstalling and reinstalling yay.:-) BTW I am using Windows 10 so it has apps etc and looks different to say |Windows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, piyushc76752533

This fix worked for me - using elements 2018, or rather not having used it for ages because it didn't work!  Curiously I could open the video editor, just not the photo editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried opening my Photoshop Elements 19 (Photo Editor) and it sends me to the Adobe window  with 'Sign in Required'.  When I hit Sign In, they try to get me to buy PE 19 which I have already done or they ask me to Start Trial.  What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have done nothing wrong.  At the bottom of the Start Trial screen, there should be an option to License this Software.  Click that and you will have the opportunity to enter your product license key which you got with your download of the application or on the box the DVD came in. Do not try to sign in first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way I can get my license key from Adobe? I tried what you said and it opened my Photo Editor, but I will have to do this every time unless I enter my key. Is that correct? Thank you so much for your help and I will mark it correct after I hear from you. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have gotten something called a redemption code.  If you did, you need to go to www.adobe.com/go/getserial and enter the redemption code.  You will get serial numbers for your software.  You enter these in the license this software area accessed from the start trial screen.  Once you enter the serial number, you will be good to go.  Save the redemption code and serial numbers somewhere as you need them to transfer the license from one computer to another or to re-install the software.  Photoshop Elements and Photoshop Premier Elements (the video software) each require separate serial numbers.  I bought Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements as a bundle on DVDs at Staples.  I also got a redemption code to load the software via download.  I believe if you buy the software from Adobe for download, they give you a code as part of the purchase transaction which you need to copy down (screen print or cut/paste)from the web page.  I remember that the store scanned the box to activate the software when I purchased it. If you find a solution for getting your software licensed, do NOT mark the discussion resolved or answered.  The issue in the thread is a behavior where after the software is properly licensed and opened a few times you may get locked out of the editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the easy ways to find your serial number is to go to www.adobe.com and sign in with your Adobe Id and password. Once you are in then go to Manage Your Account. Then Click on Plans on the top, Under My products you should be able to see the serial numbers. Once you enter your serial number on the "License this software" screen, you won`t have to do it again and every time you launch the Photoshop Elements, it should open as it should without any trial screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

On which platform (Win/Mac) do you have currently ?

Regards,

Neeraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is on Windows 10. Organizer is working but not the editor. I can't edit or do anything with the Editor. Its doesn't open. Very frustrating. I can't return Photoshop Elements 2019, Adobe doesn't have a phone to report the problem, I don't find info. on the Internet, and I'm very frustrated with Adobe after reading similar complaints in the Internet.  PLEASE HELP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am operating on Mac 10.14.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change the driver on a Mac, as the video driver is part of the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and I am on a iMac with OS 10.14.2 and can't open the editor. Worked yesterday while trying to make my Christmas card and can see the files in the Organizer, but they won't open in the Editor. Someone please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Please try this:

1) Click Apple icon >> System Preferences

2) Security and privacy >> Click on the lock to unlock it then enter the administrator password

3) Hit the + icon and then add the Photoshop Elements 2019 editor (If you don`t see the Photoshop Elements 2019 editor already listed, then click on the Application tab on the left>>select Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 folder and open it>>Open Support files folder>>select Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 editor).

4) Click on the lock again to lock it.

5) Try the Photoshop Elements editor now.

If the above steps do not fix the problem, then please uninstall and reinstall Photoshop Elements 2019 which should fix the problem.

Download link for Photoshop Elements 2019:

Download Photoshop Elements | 2019, 2018, and 15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines