• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2020 insists on printing to the wrong printer

New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 network printers. Yesterday, I was able to print just fine to printer A.  Today, Photoshop Elements 2020 insists on printing to printer B, no matter what I do. I tell it in the print dialog the correct printer, but it always sends the job to the other printer.

I resorted to printing from Photoshop Elements 2018 (which is still installed), but that is a PITA since some of the editing I am doing is easier with some of the newer features of 2020, so I have to edit on 2020, save the file, close 2020, open 2018, load the file, and then print.

Obviously, the printer is installed correctly, and it is the default printer, but 2020 just refuses to output a print job to it.

Can anyone help?

Windows 10 Pro, up to date with latest release.

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.  This usually fixes printer issues such as this.

If you are printing from the Organizer, you can reset the preferences file by the following.   Immediately after launching the program, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did it. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines