• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2021 can't open Photo Editor

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed on my new computer - MacBook Pro. I can open the Organizer but when I try to open Photo editor it says loading, then disappears without opening. How can I fix this?

TOPICS
How to , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just encountering this issue now. Did you ever resolve your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you please check if the application is running in the activity monitor? If so, please quit it and then try relaunching the application.

If this doesn't help, I'll connect with you to further debug this issue. 

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to open Photoshop 2021.  Unsed it last week but now cannot open the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem - just installed Photoshop Elemente on 2021 MacBook Air.  Photo Editor won't open, doesn't appear to be running in Activity Monitor.  How do I fix.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no a tech guy but; I right clicked on the task bar, brought up task manager, and closed out the Adobe apps that were running, and  viola! things worked. Now I do this almost every time I close Photoshop Elements. It would seem that this is a widespread problem that Adobe should have addressed long ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Photoshop Elements forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I check the activity monitor and was able to close everything, but the Adobe helper. It still will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue on windows, after working fine for a few months, it wont launch from start menu.  I repaired it in the app menu but it wont open or save files.

I tried that "resetting preferences" but that doesnt work,

I unistalled and reinstalled, twice, and that did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is solved for me, maybe it will work for you...

Uninstall the app

Search for files/folders named "elements" and delete them.  

Restart your computer 

Reinstall the app

Good luck 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue.... Installed on my new computer, IMAC, and can't open photo editor... worked completely fine on my windows computer... same thing as you i try to open the photo editor it says loading, then disspears like i never even clicked it... why.. someone know how to fix? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well, no use 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. You'd think that Adobe would say something about this and give a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me. Tried all of these solutions and nothing works. You'd think that this would be a priority for Adobe. What a waste of money for this upgrade!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @timscottbennett,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to face. Could you please confirm the OS version and the version of Photoshop Elements that's installed on your systems?

Regards,

Medha Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. I cant open Photoshop Elements Editor - its opening and then disapear like I never clicked on it. I have Mac airbook - OS Monterey 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro w/M1 chip, OS Monterey 12.0.1. Can't open Photo Editor in Photoshop Elements 2021. Never opens, end up having to force quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the newest version of monterey is 12.1- is that what you meant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had to face. Adobe is actively working with Apple to resolve the issues with OS 12.0 Monterey. As we have more information, we will update the forums. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Medha Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when this fix will be available? I've done work that I now cannot access. Very disappointing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop Elements 2021 eight days ago. Did not resolve the issue.

Contacted Adobe tech support investing another couple of hours working with a competent individual to more thoroughly uninstall and reinstall. 

Program worked for two editing sessions, and I'm back to square one a week later!

It's the holidays. We have family and friends around and are eager to quickly edit and disseminate photos. What the hell?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe tech support today said they don't support Photoshop Elements 2021 and couldn't help me. They referred me to the forum. It's a pretty crummy way to try to strongarm upgrading to the most current version of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem AND did a complete uninstall and reinstall with Adobe tech support at the control for my imac.

Cannot open Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 editor at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same. Solution was to get full Photoshop, which is what I should be using anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blame can't be put on macOS 12 alone. Upgrading to 12.1 on my T2 2018 MacBook Pro 15 in. didn't break it. Please see my thread. I bought Elements 2021 during an Adobe promotion last summer, and it would cost more to upgrade to 2022 than I paid for it originally, I believe. I'm glad Acorn still works on my new M1 MacBook Pro 16 in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably should have said the upgrade was from Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines