• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not loading tiles and constantly crashing!

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last week whenever I've tried to use Photoshop some of the tiles aren't rendering. Also, along the middle top where the black box is there should be three sections that read Beginner/Guided/Expert or something like that, but they don't show! When I try to access anything through drop boxes nothing shows! I don't know what or how to fix this but please help! Oh and it also crashes every couple of minutes!

Photoshop Screen shot 2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Hi ArooderDooder,

Thanks for contacting Adobe forum.

I can understand you are facing issue with Adobe Elements 11 after you updated Windows 10 recently.

If after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update v1703 you are facing problems and issues with it, you can uninstall it and go back or rollback to the previous Windows version 1607. Most of you may be familiar with the instructions, but for those of you who are not, this post will help you uninstall Windows 10 Creators Update from your PC.

Uninstall-Windows-10-Creators-Update_Rollback Screen_1.png

To unin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting you Photoshop Preferences

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did that.  It did not help.  Thank you for the suggestion! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Elements​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ArooderDooder,

Thanks for contacting Adobe forum.

I can understand you are facing issue with Adobe Elements 11 after you updated Windows 10 recently.

If after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update v1703 you are facing problems and issues with it, you can uninstall it and go back or rollback to the previous Windows version 1607. Most of you may be familiar with the instructions, but for those of you who are not, this post will help you uninstall Windows 10 Creators Update from your PC.

Uninstall-Windows-10-Creators-Update_Rollback Screen_1.png

To uninstall Windows 10 Creators Update you will have to open the Start Menu. Next, click on the Settings link.

Having opened the Settings panel, click on Update and security and here select Recovery settings.

Next click on the Get started button under Go back to an earlier build section.

The process will start and you will be asked some questions for information purposes, as to why you are going back to the previous build of Windows 10.

The options are:

My apps or devices don’t work on this build

• Earlier builds seemed easier to use
  • Earlier builds seemed faster
  • Earlier builds seemed more reliable
  • For another reason – Tell them more.

Uninstall-Windows-10-Creators-Update_Rollback Screen_2.png

Do the needful and click Next to move on. If you wish, you have a chance to Cancel now.

You have to remember that when you go back, you will lose the settings changes or the apps you may have installed after you upgraded to the current build.

Uninstall-Windows-10-Creators-Update_Rollback Screen_3.png

Windows 10 will offer to check for updates. Maybe some new fixes have been released!

Uninstall-Windows-10-Creators-Update_Rollback Screen_4.png

Remember to note down your password or login credentials as you will be required to enter them after the process is completed.

Uninstall-Windows-10-Creators-Update_Rollback Screen_5.png

Click on Next and you will be thanked for trying out this build.

Once you are completely sure click on the Go back to earlier build button and the upgrade process will start.

Just to be on the safe side, you may want to also back up your data before you begin.

Once you have done this, you may want to defer installing of Windows Updates on your Windows 10.

Hope this works for you.

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much mate, it was the new Windows Creators update that did it. Thanks a bunch bro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ArooderDooder,

I am glad it worked for you. Take care & keep smiling.

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a terrible solution. Considering all the additional stability and features the Creator update provides, you'd think Adobe would be able to address what appears to be a common problem with multiple versions of the same app judging from the different posts I'm seeing on this forum.

Besides, some people can't roll back the update.  And, I've already got the KB4020102  update installed, and that didn't fix it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you imagine Adobe actually gave a hoot about proactive product support? This poor solution of requiring users to rollback their computers to a more vulnerable state in order to get an Adobe product to work is on par with what I have come to expect from Adobe. For several years it has been about pushing product out the door, support is not in the equation.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the option to go back to the previous version of Windows. What now?

win10recovery.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as Kirstenj_2004.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same screen as above and I am now unable to work in my Photoshop Elements 12. Will someone at Adobe PLEASE get this fixed and tell us how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should address this issue since we paid for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version of Photoshop Elements is 15

As far as I know, Adobe does NOT go back and update older versions to be compatible with new operating systems

Owners of old programs simply have problems with Windows 10... none of which is Adobe's fault... Adobe did not change your old program to make it stop working... Microsoft changed their operating system and THAT is why your old program won't work, not because of anything Adobe did... Also... every time Microsoft issues a Win10 update, there is the risk that an old program that HAS been working after the initial Win10 upgrade will STOP working... bottom line, old programs require a matching old operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am nit buying this lame excuse. Windows 10 is not a new OS, and my PSE 12 worked fine for a long time. It seems to be a font problem because the actions still work, you just cannot see the text in the drop-downs. This means PSE 12 was poorly designed, plain and simple. Also, I know of no other SW vendor that EOL's their SW after only 2 years.

Bottom line, bad customer service for a vendor that thinks they have a lock on their niche.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. All items in de menu are not visible. I am using elements 10.

I cannot roll back to the older Windows version, because I cleared the memory. I also do not want to go back to an old version.

I tried several compatibility options, but they did not work.

Hope that a real solution will be found. Otherwise I will get other photo software (not adobe)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue.  Not sure I will ever use another photo editing software package from Adobe after this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you feel this way. The problem has nothing to do with Adobe. The only one to blame in this is Microsoft!

In fact Dove Isaacs from Adobe help a lot to address this problem at Microsoft.

Look here: Missing Fonts After Creators Update Installed

And: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4038303/fonts-installed-by-using-install-as-short cut-are-m...

Thanks to: Dove Isaacs (Adobe systems incorporated)

In this thread you can find some solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Begrudgingly, I installed the demo for PSE 15.  Before running it, I verified that my PSE 9 wasn't working.  Nope, missing fonts.  Installed PSE 15 and ran it.  It works.  Rebooting now to make sure it stays working.

Seriously not happy about this.  I don't need any of the features of 15.  No, I don't expect Adobe to continue to support older versions.  There should be some expected time of support though.  They're basically doing the 1 version a year philosophy just so they can ... never mind, not worth the soapbox.  Regardless, I do feel this points to Adobe using some kind of shortcut in their development environment, and now that old shortcut broke.  Sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unhappy about this because Adobe has changed or removed some features in newer version. "Variations" is the one I miss most, and I've been very hesitant to upgrade Premiere Elements because I read complaints about how newer versions handle slideshows. I also have an old scanner that I miraculously got to work with PSE9 + Win 10, and I'll probably have to upgrade that too if I don't get the menus back. (Note: I lost my menus in PSE9 on 8/11/17. Organizer & Editor have distinctly different problems (see image), but PRE9 menus are still fine).

PSE9_Menus.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As alternative of undoing the W10 Creators Update, see the solution in this thread

Photoshop Elements opens, but menus are blank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE12's dropdown  Menu are gibberish and not readable after the creator's update. Has the update to resolve the compatibility of the program to Windows 10's recent update been released? It's not allowing me to update the recent update either with a non-existing error code link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines