May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening PSE 12 locks up and can't find Catalouge

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Callie10  wrote

Opening PSE 12 locks up and can't find Catalouge

My suggestion:

Try to read the various suggested posts dealing with the same problem (bottom right of your post):

SimilarPosts.jpg

If you can open the catalog but can't find the good one (not in the suggested list of catalogs), you'll have to search from your Explorer or Finder for files named 'catalog.pse12db'. Those database files are in catalog folders. Such catalog folders my be 'hidden' by default, so you'll have to set your Explorer to show 'hidden files and folders'. If you find one or several such folders, they are the catalogs on your computer. You can open the organizer  with those catalogs by double clicking on those catalog.pse12 files.

If you can't open the organizer and get an error message about missing or bad catalog, try opening the organizer while keeping the shift key pressed. You have the options to open a new catalog or repair the selected one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Callie,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forum.

I understand you are facing issue with Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 due to DirectX.

Can we follow the following steps:

- Click "Start Button"

- Type "Turn Windows Feature On & Off"

Turn Windows Feature On & Off.PNG

- Open it

- Check for "Legacy Components"

- Click the + sign

- Check "Direct Play"

DirectPlay On.PNG

- Click "Ok"

- Check Adobe Elements

Hope this works

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many  thanks - I was getting frustrated having spent ages onto Adobe help chat - you solved it in seconds!

Another quick question:

I am transferring my photo files (20gb +) from an old laptop to a new one and I want to preserve organiser version sets, tags and star ratings - last time I did this I lost the tags. What is the safest way? I have a dropbox facility, thought that might be best way to move big files. I've also seen mention of Adobe Cloud - sounds like an option?

Thanks

Tony

dhananjays36801738  wrote

Hi Callie,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forum.

I understand you are facing issue with Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 due to DirectX.

Can we follow the following steps:

- Click "Start Button"

- Type "Turn Windows Feature On & Off"

Turn Windows Feature On & Off.PNG

- Open it

- Check for "Legacy Components"

- Click the + sign

- Check "Direct Play"

DirectPlay On.PNG

- Click "Ok"

- Check Adobe Elements

Hope this works

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

faciliti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines