Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Places attached to photos

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there a way to have Organizer 2021 identify automatically places attached to photos ? Like Google photo or Windows photo ?

Many thanks for your help,

Patrick

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the association between a picture and the place where it was taken (étiquette de lieux) has to be done manually ? Or can it be done automatically by Organizer 2021 using the GPS information ?

Many thanks,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

Elements Organizer 2021 comes with Mapbox integration to help you associate photos and videos with the places where they were taken so that searching and organizing becomes easy.

If the photos that you import have GPS information, Elements Organizer maintains the location information and automatically places the imported photos on the map in the correct location.

If the photos that you import don't have GPS information, you can associate the imported photos with places on the map by a simple drag-and-drop or by searching for the places.

You can also associate videos with places on the map by drag-and-drop or by searching for the place.

Use the Places view to view and organize media files based on the location information.

For more details, see: https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/user-guide.html/in/elements-organizer/using/adding-places... 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash,

Thank you for the information.

Indeed, the Organizer seems to be in the process of assigning a place to photos, but only some of them (excluding some that have GPS information). Maybe it is just very slow on my PC.

Thanks again,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Firstly, 'Show existing pins on the map' in Unpinned view should be checked.

Somya_Agarwal_0-1612289607105.png

Also, after you check this option, the pins would be visible on the map, but location name won't be displayed. To display it, click on 'Get Location Name' on the pin on the map.

Somya_Agarwal_2-1612289607110.png

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Yes I have done that and it shows some pins but by far not all of them. And for existing pins not all pictures are attached. It seems it has stopped the process of assigning names before the end. I don't know how to restart it.

Have you ever seen that ?

Best regards,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please try zooming in the map? When map is zoomed out, pictures appear closer as a cluster giving the impression that all images are not there.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Good advice, I now see places on the map with a better granularity !

However, I still have thousands of pictures with GPS information that are not reflected on the map (and therefore stay in the unpinned panel).

Thanks !

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where in Unpinned panel? At the left or on the map?

Can you provide a screenshot of your Unpinned panel?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My unpinned panel is as follows :

* Left side panel : list of folders

* Center panel: unpinned photos and videos grouped by date (period)

* Right side panel: map

Does that help ?

Thanks,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It seems you added few screenshots which have not been pasted here properly? Can you try again?

You can also send them through a private message if you face any difficuly pasting them here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I saw your screenshot and it does not give me much clarity of your scenario. So there no pins in the map visible in Unpinned view, so that you can click 'Get Location Name'?

Are your sure, those images have GPS information?

If no, then you would have to manually tag them. Images appear grouped by date in Unpinned Places view where you can add a location to a particular group or drag the entire group to a pin on map.

Somya_Agarwal_0-1612457812920.jpeg

You can change the size of the group by moving a slider at the top from Min to Max.

You can also send one or more sample image to me if you feel it has GPS information that is not detected by the Organizer. Would be happy to look into the issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I attach below one picture with GPS information that remains in the upinned panel.

To answer your questions:

So there is no pins in the map visible in Unpinned view, so that you can click 'Get Location Name'?

Yes, there are, but not visible in this part of the world. I have already clicked "get location name" and it works.

Are your sure, those images have GPS information?

Not all of them, but most of them, I have checked the exif information by samples.

If no, then you would have to manually tag them. Images appear grouped by date in Unpinned Places view where you can add a location to a particular group or drag the entire group to a pin on map.

I guess I can not do that for 18633 pictures.

You can change the size of the group by moving a slider at the top from Min to Max.

Yes

Hope this clarifies. Thanks for your help.

IMG_20200731_175756.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also attach a screenshot of my pinned screen. You can see that some photos have been pinned, but by far not all of those having GPS information. I also attach again a picture with GPS information as this format might be more adapted than in my previous post.

pinned view.JPG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines