• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE14 MAP NOT WORKING

Participant ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly, when I try to add a 'place' the map page opens, but there is no map showing on it.  This means that I cannot add a location to my images.  I understand that the mapping is now via Google.  Is there a way to restore the mapping without a complete reinstall of PSE14, please.

regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above refers to PSE 14 on the PC; I have opened PSE Organiser on my laptop and exactly the same thing happens as happens on the PC: no Map when trying to add a location.  The build of both copies of PSE14 is 14.1 (20151206.m.83730).

I am now wondering if Update to 14.1 has corrupted the mapping.

Perhaps Adobe could have a look at this?  Is it just me, or is it global.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday, I have exactly the same issue in PSE11 on WIndows 10. When I open the "Places" view to look at previously tagged pictures, I get an empty map on which the tags are placed.NoMap1.PNG

Same thing when opening the  "Add Places " feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We are aware of this issue and are working on possible solutions . For more details, please see Map does not load in Elements Organizer 11, 12, 13, and 14

Thanks,

Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anwesha,

can you explain "We are aware of this issue and are working on possible solutions ."

Best regards

Oliver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very frustrating! PSE 15 reduced the location information from 4 levels to 3, I was so annoyed that I got a refund for pse 15. It looks like you've done a work around in pse 2018, but now THIS problem on PSE 14! I'm actively looking for an alternative to anything Adobe. In my opinion, you don't improve your products with subsequent releases, you make them worse. I'm very annoyed, and would just like to have PSE 14 working again. I'm most certainly NOT going to upgrade to CC, when your customer service is so poor, Adobe has done everything to encourage to find alternative products.

Dena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Maps in Photoshop Elements Organizer are up and working now. You can continue using the same. Let us know in case you've any issues.

Thanks

Arshla Jindal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Working much better now, although it's still very slow to load (compared to Mac's photo's for example.) Really do appreciate you addressing this.

Dena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is also working again on my PSE 11. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mind telling me how this issue is resolved when I still have this problem under PSE 14 and Windows 10?  What is needed to be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working again. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem ie Map not appearing seems to have resurfaced, I am using PSE 14.  Hence I am unable to add any places tag or use the add location function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same on PSE11. The "Places" window stays completely empty: no map and no markers.placesempty.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. I've got the same problem. Is there a fix or do I have to wait for slow Adobe to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with Elements 14. Need help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also reported this with PSE14 a couple days ago on the forum thread "Elements 13, Google Maps Not Displaying in Places View".

No Adobe response there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this problem exist in Elements 2018?

If this requires an upgrade for stability let me/us know. I'll do it.

I just need to be sure I'm not wasting my time and money. Actually I'm already wasting my time

Please Respond Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't post twice.

See the answer to the same question in the other discussion:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10580036?tstart=0#10580036

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines