• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reactivation of Photoshop Elements 14 (Unfair Practices)

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to change my motherboard and cpu. I had not anticipated any problems and everything resarted beautifully. Everything, but Adobe Photoshop Elements which needed a new activation. I tried to deactivate everything on the internet but no way I can get a new activation. I have only one app installed. I called Adobe support and was told I have to purchase the new version and they won't help with a reactivation.

Since when is there a time limit on a legal license?

I think this is a scam and Adobe has unfair practices.

I also own Premier pro CS6, Audition etc... and I am considering trashing all this and starting fresh with honest competitors like Affinity Photo, Hitfilm etc...

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go here:  Scroll down a bit to see the link on the bottom left corner of the screen, click on the individual "Sign in to contact us"-  a chat window will pop up.  type in AGENT- then 'splain it to them.  Shouldn't be an issue, unless it's a MAC computer with one of the newer OS's.  Correct answers from a live person o nthe phone are sometimes simply incorrect. 

Adobe Help Center

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, but this is exactly what I did yesterday afternoon. And what I read was "I apologize for the inconvenience" and that I had to purchase the new 2021 version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did you call on the telephone or via chat or both?  Whatever you did, you got a wrong answer.  Try again and make clear that you want to deactivate a computer.  I recently had to do it myself (via chat) with an older version of Elements and the activation was reset without any problem in a couple of minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  When I log into my account online shows no active devices.  Yet when I try to use the license code it tells me I can't and to contact support.   I did.  She told me to uninstall and reinstall and sent me an email with a link to download PREMIER 14 Elements not PHOTOSHOP Elements.  Told me to come here for support.  I had an immediate need to use the product this evening.  I'd have considered an upgrade but not now.  I'm looking for an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, first I called and I rapidly saw I was getting to a dead end with the tech support. Then I went online to a chat and this is where I was strongly advised to buy the new version ...because PSE 14 has been discontinued. Hard to believe but this is what happened. I already own Affinity Photo ($49) which is a great and powerful software but I was still using PSE for small and quick projects. That's why it bothers me to tyrash it. I will follow your advice and give it another try with Support.

By the way, I had uninstalled PSE and reinstalled it, and it keeps telling me I have to activations alive when I use only one, and it is not possible to deactivate anything. I looked in every corner of my account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines