• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrapbooking with Elements 2020

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do a lot of scrapbooking but I want to start doing more digitally - I used to have a great simple tutorial for this but I cannot locate it!! This is what I am trying to do: I have a photo and I have a frame or cluster or something of that nature - I want the photo to fit in the space intended for the photo whether it be a circle or square or rectangle or letter or  whatever - how do I go about doing that - I know you use clipping masks but not sure how to actually do all the steps - any help would be appreciated! Here is sample I found online of what I am trying to do I have attached it here for reference4_type_layer.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

ok

1. Open the image of the girl

2. Double click the Background layer in the layers palette to convert the locked layer into a regular layer

3.,Engage the Elliptical marquee tool. Set feather=0. Drag out an ellipse surrounding the girl.

4. Go to select>inverse and hit backspace.

5. Go to Edit stroke> (Outline) selection. Place stroke inside. Stroke width 5-10 px (experiment). Set foreground color to suit - red in your example. ok it

6. Add any decorative elements of choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is called SETTING AN IMAGE IN TEXT

1. Open the image that you wish to use.as the source for the text.

2. The type tool has a slot for several tools (press T). Select either the horizontal or vertical  type mask tool.

3. Select a blocky font. 110-130 px size. If the font is too small, you will not see much of the image

4.Don't commit (green checkmark) until you are happy with what you have. This step is irreversible.

5. Remove the non-text portion of the image. Go to Select>invere and hit Backspace on the keyboard

6. You can copy>paste the selection into another document

5. Another option is to place the type masks selection on another layer (press CTRL+J), then adding a layer style to the new layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that - but I dont really want to do text - this is great for future I will bookmark - what I am trying to do is put a photo in a frame - like a decorative piece of clip art that has a space or opening for a photo  - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so you can see I attached my photo and frame here - trying to get the photo inside this circular frame - hope this helps thanks!IMG_0183.JPGps_elif-sahin_40846_ride-a-bike-frame-01_pu.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to above, if you wish to utilize the work-flow depicted in your attached reference, do this:

1.Go to File>new>blank file

2. Using the ordinary type tool with blocky font, type your text.

3. Open the source image, go to select>all. then Edit>copy

4. Go back to where you left off in step #2 (blank file + text) and go to Edit>paste. You should have 3 layers. Make the the top layer active and press CTRL+G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok

1. Open the image of the girl

2. Double click the Background layer in the layers palette to convert the locked layer into a regular layer

3.,Engage the Elliptical marquee tool. Set feather=0. Drag out an ellipse surrounding the girl.

4. Go to select>inverse and hit backspace.

5. Go to Edit stroke> (Outline) selection. Place stroke inside. Stroke width 5-10 px (experiment). Set foreground color to suit - red in your example. ok it

6. Add any decorative elements of choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines