Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 on Win 10

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to install Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 on a PC running Windows 10 Home Single Language version 20H2 and the installer displays the following message:

"Update required - Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates to your operating system. Learn more"

Windows Update tells me there are no more updates to be installed on this machine. What should I do? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

I had the same problem. No matter what I did and what I updated, still nope. No can do. Fresh Win10 (21H1) installation and everything was up to date and still this error.
Then  I downloaded Creative Cloud, searched for Photoshop in the app and hit Try (knowing I would not buy another PS for awhile). I let it download for few minutes, then cancelled thinking this can't be the solution and was ready to give up. For unknown reason  I still tried to install Elements. Just once more, and now it sudde

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the EXACT same error but with Adobe Premiere Elements 2019.  It's got the LATEST Windows Update, I tried changing the browser to Internet Explorer 11 as default.  I even ran Registry entries in the "Learn More" link in the error...still says my browser or operating system is out of date.  I unchecked BOTH boxes in Compatibility Mode in Internet Explorer 11, still can't install.  HELP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Updated Windows 10 as well as IE browser. Tried installing from discs as well as downloading the installer directly from Adobe. Installing software shouldn't be this difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either Windows 10 update(s) broke PSE2019 or Adobe in mum on making us upgrade by force.

Either way, I want a refund it it's the latter case. Why pay for software and then only be able to use it for a few years. It should be our choice to use it till EOL with no updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed all the steps listed on the learn more page, but I'm still getting the same "update required" error when trying to install PSE 2019.

The system requirements for PSE 2019 clearly state that the software should run on 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 10 (recommended with version 1607 or later), so there must be a solution.

This issue is affecting several users.

Is Adobe looking into this?

Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. No matter what I did and what I updated, still nope. No can do. Fresh Win10 (21H1) installation and everything was up to date and still this error.
Then  I downloaded Creative Cloud, searched for Photoshop in the app and hit Try (knowing I would not buy another PS for awhile). I let it download for few minutes, then cancelled thinking this can't be the solution and was ready to give up. For unknown reason  I still tried to install Elements. Just once more, and now it suddenly worked just fine! 
So, I can't tell what exactly was the actual magic here but I thought it would be cool to share so you can try this out aswell. Hope it works for you, too!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I installed Creative_Cloud_Set-Up.exe, signed in to my Adobe account and then I was able to install PSE 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. It worked for me too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm currently having this issue. Could you provide a link for where you found the 'Creative_Cloud_Set-Up.exe' download please? Want to make sure I'm getting the correct download.
Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually no problem, I found the download on the main menu after logging in. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly this isn't working for me:(. Do people know of any other solotions other than the steps Adobe gives us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I tried something slightly different. I first installed a newer version of Adobe elements photoshop (2021). Obviously couldn't activate it with my activation code, than installed 2019 just fine. I'm actually dissapointed that Adobe hasn't fixed this issue yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange solution, but it works for me too . .

Downloaded,instaalled and registred free Creative Cloud and then I could use PE 2019 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well. After Adobe Creative Cloud installed and I was logged into that. I then just re-ran the previoiusly downloaded Adobe Premier Elements 2019 installer exe and then it worked (not running into the o/s or browser needs update message).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  I've just encountered the same issue and came across this update via Googling.  Just tried the same approach and it appears to have worked! 

Thanks for taking the time to provide this update and allow others to share your solution - completely random resolution mind you!  The power of community! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for posting this. Same issue, with the same quick resolution just by installing Creative Cloud. Much appreciated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I was banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what "update" Adobe wanted.  Your fix worked.  I really appreciate you posting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this did not work for me 😞 Like everyone else, Windows is fully updated, IE11 is as well.

So I installed Creative Cloud Desktop. I tried installing Premier Elements 2019. 

Same error.

Is there a step I missed to make this work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you signed in to your Adobe Account on Creative Cloud Desktop before trying to install Premiere Elements 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it allows you to install pse, then when it errors trying to login. You
need to download adobe creative suite as another user provided download
link, and install. You need to login into acs and you dont need to install
any cs applications, then you run pse (if installed) or install pse after
downloading and signing into adobe creative suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My reply was meant to answer 'did you login in before...'. So yes, logged in and did not work. I will try to install a newer version, abort that and then try the 2019 version.

Ridiculous the loops we have to jump through to get to work what we have paid for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Premier Pro via Creative Cloud Desktop, and that works. But trying to then again run https://esd.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/PRE/17/win64/PremiereElements_2019_LS31_win64.exe I keep on getting the same problem about 'update required'. 

I suppose I will use the 7 day trial to finish my project, and then look for different software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plot continues to thick...

So I found this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/unable-to-install-photoshop-elements-2019-on-windo...

Now I was able to install Premier Elements 2019 by triggering the installation via command prompt. But when trying to access the software it requires me to log-in, which is giving the same error as before 'Update required'... Eventhough I am already logged in on Creative Cloud app and the adobe website (fwiw).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines