• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Share photos through Email in Photoshop Elements

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to email photos. Keep getting "something went wrong, check "preferences"". continued refusal to validate hotmail email addresses. Reference to "t, see Email configuration in Elements Organizer." does not exist.  Any advice?  Thanks. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS and version of Elements are you using?

Until you are able to resolve the issue, you should simply use your email client to attach or insert the photo(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg.

I’m using Microsoft Windows 10 and have Photoshop 2021.
I load contacts but keep getting “cannot validate” when trying to use “Share” .
Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a Hotmail account so can't give any advice about the specifics.  But some email providers require extra layers of security to enable the use of third pary applications to manage emails.  For example, gmail makes you jump through numerous hoops to get a separate password to enter into Elements email.  See this thread.  Perhaps it will give you a clue to some settings in your Hotmail account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no difficulty setting my hotmail (or outlook) profile in the organizer.

The process does not validate "hotmail email addresses", it validates your own hotmail account to be able to use your hotmail service with your id and your password. I just did it again. You choose 'Microsoft' as the type of account and enter your id and password as if you you opened your hotmail account. No complicated two steps  validation as required by Gmail. Once your hotmail account is recognized, you enter the addresses you want in your contact book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MichaelBParis.

I appreciate your help.
All the best.
Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michel, I am also unable to share by email or pdf, on PSE21, and it just started.  Shortly after I got pse21 in Oct, I shared pictures by email, and it worked perfectly! I have checked my passwords, and they were correct, I sent and received test emails from my outlook account, to my gmail and rogers yahoo account, and they worked! I attempt to share a picture, and I get a message  ("Validation Failed" Something went wrong Please check email settings in organizer preferences and try again") I am unable to figure this one out!   Thanks  Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@WayneS99 

I have only configured the hotmail account and I just sent pictures successfully.

No idea what may be wrong for you now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
WayneS99,
I fully sympathize. I have the same problem. Good luck.
Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines