• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workaround for PSE Installation or Update -- Update OS or Browser

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Through trial and error, I finally found out what is happening.

When installing from PSE2019, PSE2020 .exe or downloaded .zip full installer, people are getting an error when you need to sign-in to adobe account for access.

I received such an error when I redid my computer this year. Microsoft has killed flash support on the Windows 10 latest updates.

Adobe has killed support and no longer is available for download.

Adobe would have to redo the installers, either online or downloaded .zip full installer.

I doubt Adobe is going to do this.

From my analysis, when you install PSE2019 or PSE2020, it goes out to Adobe servers for Flash download, but is not there, therefore it's broke as is.

Workaround (I've confirmed through my own machine and VM machine):

If you already have PSE2019 or PSE2020 installed, disregard installation of PSE.

1. Download Creative_Cloud_Set-Up.exe which is 2343 kb

2. Login to your Adobe account via Creative Cloud, and you don't need to install any programs, you are just using cc as a jumping point

3. Then install PSE (PhotoshopElements_2019_LS30_win64_ESD.zip) or run PSE (already installed), then after your logged into cc and stay logged in it will work.

Sorry for any confusion if this has caused, but since PSE2021 is out, I think PSE2019 and PSE2020 is sorta stuck with this solution or another solution if someone has anything better.

Good luck

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaulttyafxhwn7dnu, your analysis of what is happening is above my pay grade.    I am going to bring your post to the attention of Adobe to see if I can get a reaction because we are certainly seeing a number of users with this problem.  In any event, thanks for providing this workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaulttyafxhwn7dnu,  your solution has been confirmed by another user.  So thank you for taking the time to post it.  Unfortunately, because you are the OP, I cannot mark your solution as a correct answer but I will point other users with the same problem to your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the official Adobe solution to the problem.  Although, it refers to the Creative Cloud suite, it will also work for Elements users.  I expect a webpage customized for Elements will be published soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The official Adobe solution does NOT work if you are trying to do a new install as they say to overwrite an .exe file inside the folder tree of the (already installed but not working) application. If you are doing a new install (my hard drive got wiped) the installation stalls immediately before creating any of the folders mentioned in the Adobe solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correction to my comment - sorry! If you download the full (PhotoshopElements_2019_LS30_win64_ESD.zip - 2.9 Gb) install you can follow the instructions given by Adobe. I was trying to install off a setup link app (PhotoshopElements_2019_LS30_win64) supplied by Adobe which did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue to install my PSE 2019 in my new notebook, it worked perfectly, Camera Raw also updated as it should. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and good work, thanks for comminicating. It seems that Adopey are not prepared to mention how they have left us in limbo with earlier versions of PS. Mine is v6 nd perfectly good for what I need. Now trying to install on a new computer there is just no response after the finish insatlling. Just left wondering whyt he world has ended. PS Elemants v6 runs perfectly on my previous Win 10 laptop. Must just be the timing window of when Adopey switched off this Flash thing?

So very poor to just turn our apps into coffin fodder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@techtive, have you tried the solution that I have posted with Elements 6, a program that is now 14 years old?  And are you complaining on the Apple and Microsoft websites about those companies' failures to update security for Flash and Internet Explorer which is probably the root cause of why Adobe has had to make some changes of its own?

And I don't think the world has ended.  It's just made a few turns since Elements 6 was introduced.  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines