• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add additional media in the middle of an old completed project?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completed a video in 2014 and now want to add to and change that video.  I am using Premier Elements 2021.

I believe I can add the old video to the sceneline and add media to before or after the old video.  Correct?

Can I also "blow up" the old video into scenes so I can add new scenes in the middle of the old completed project?  If so, how do I do it?

TOPICS
Import , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Sounds like pretty basic video editing to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get the old video to "expand" into individual scenes in the sceneline so I see individual scenes rather than just one long scene?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without fully understanding your question, the basic is that you select the clips ("scenes") as a group and drag them apart to make room for new clips ("scenes").  You can also hold the ALT key, drag a new clip ("scene") into the timeline and the existing parts will move to the right.  (I'm assuming "Expert" view>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if you're asking how to get a completed movie to break into individual scenes, that's just not possible. As far as any video editor is concerned, a finished, output movie is only a single clip. You have to manually cut it to insert your new scenes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if you're asking how to get a completed movie to break into individual scenes, that's just not possible. As far as any video editor is concerned, a finished, output movie is only a single clip. You have to manually cut it to insert your new scenes.

By @Steve Grisetti

I reread the original post and noticed the dates.   Jandr74 will likely need to make cuts.   However, Premiere Pro can detect scenes and put in the cuts for you!  It is called "Scene Edit Detection".   I've only used it once, but it worked very well!  https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/scene-edit-detection.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your comments. I will see I can try the pro version.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines