• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere elemeants 2021 does not work on my new computer

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am Olof fråm Sweden. I have uses for exempel Open shot on my computer and it works fine. But yeasterday I installed Adobe Premiere Elements 2021 and it does not work.

1/ When I start the program in the Expert mode, and I put a video-clip ( mp4-format)
on the timeline. Than when I start the video on the timeline, the sound it good but the motion picture looks very bad. It is ribbons all over  the display. It looks as if the screen is damaged.

My computer has a new I7-processor with 16 gb Ram. I have Windows 10 home version 20H

OS version: 19042.1083. What can I do?  ( I tried to install the program on a 8 years old I5, Hp laptop.   The program seems to work there. But I could not upgrade to verson 2021.01 either)

(2/ Also I could not upgrade to version 2021.01 which I wrote about in another post(thread)

Regards Olof  in Sweden

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is will probably be fixed by updating the graphics driver on you computer.   If you have an Nvidia GPU, use the Nvidia software to update.  If given the choice between a Gaming or Studio driver, take the Studio.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now checked what grafic card I have.The grafic card in my new stationary computer is Intel® UDH Grafics 630.
Do you think it is good for Adbobe Premiere Elements 2021?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I need to chage the grafic card in order tu use Adobe Premiere Elements. What grafic card do you recommend?  I now have Intel® UDH Grafics 630.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding some links to what Bill said...

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
-for Premiere Pro and MAYBE Premiere Elements use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
-such as (this MAY not be the latest) https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/170344/
If you have a laptop you MAY also need to check for a laptop specific nVidia driver
ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support
There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to John and Bill.
I will try to update the grafic driver.
I however think that it  is strange that grafic driver works well with all other programs but Adobe Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video editing is not the same as simple playback, or picture editing in Photoshop Elements

A video file has 30 pictures every second, plus sound... plus whatever you are doing to 'adjust' the video

Every component of a computer is put to maximum use... including the video card and driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now checked what grafic card I have.The grafic card in my new stationary computer is Intel® UDH Grafics 630.  Do you think it is good for Adbobe Premiere Elements 2021?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it appears to be supported and should give you good performance.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/supported-devices-premiere-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes it in the list. So why doesn't it work? The videos that i put on the timeline looks really bad. As if my screen has crashed . It is all ribbons. So what could I try next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I posted the links for ati/nvidia you had not named your hardware

I do not have a link for Intel updates, so you will need to do a google search

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Tomorrow I  will visit the little computer firm and shop in   my litter town  in sweden. They made this computer for me 6 months ago. They said that they could try with another Grafic card. Do you think  that it is a good idea? My processor is Tuf Gaming: I7(r)-10700k CPU @380 ghZ (16 CPUs) – 3,8 Ghz

16,384 Gb Ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do have them put in an actual card, this is a good place to read... scroll down to the list

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/gpu-acceleration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks:My Grafic card is in the list of supported grafic cards. So what
could I try next?

Tomorrow I will visit the little computer firm and shop in my litter
town in sweden. They made this computer for me 6 months ago. They said
that they could try with another Grafic card. Do you think that it is a
good idea? My processor is Tuf Gaming: I7(r)-10700k CPU @380 ghZ (16 CPUs)
– 3,8 Ghz

16,384 Gb Ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

........ So what could I try next?

By @olle0D4C

Maybe this will help:   https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058299/graphics.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but all this is too difficult for me. Tomorrow I  will visit the little computer firm and shop in my little town  in Sweden. They made this computer for me 6 months ago. They said that they could try with another Grafic card. Do you think  that it is a good idea? My processor is Tuf Gaming: I7(r)-10700k CPU @380 ghZ (16 CPUs) – 3,8 Ghz - 16,384 Gb Ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John's list of driver updates didn't include the Intel UHD driver.

Try installing the correct driver from this page.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/211969/Intel-HD-Graphics-Family

If that doesn't do it, it's possible the issue is with the video you're editing. We can look at the specifications of it if you'd like or you can share a sample of it with us and we can see if we get the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again.
It says my grafic card is supported.
Recommended graphics cards
Windows
Note:

GPU Acceleration feature will be supported only by the graphic cards
mentioned below on Windows.

- Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
- Intel (R) HD Graphics 630
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

I have tried one film from my iphone is mov-format. One film from a
recording of a zoom-meeting in mp4-format. One is dv-avi fromm av old
db-camera. All these files worked perfectly when I tried to edit them with
Open shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again .First I want to thank John, Bill and Steve for your help. Those who wrote that I should update my graphic driver, (Intel® UDH Graphics 630), were right from the beginning. Today I went to the website of Intel, from where it was easy toupdate all the drivers on my computer. After I did that Adobe Premiere Elementsseems to work alright.

I also had the problem that I couldn’t update to PremiereElements 2021.1. I found the solution to that problem on the internet. I removedPremiere Elements 2021 from my computer. Then I downloaded the latest versionof Premiere Elements 2021, installed it and wrote the serial number I had on myinstallation-dvd.

I wish everybody a nice  summerday.//Olof

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great news all around, Olle! Glad you're up and running.

Please mark this thread as correctly answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines