We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
Pretty much what the title says. It crashes on startup, and I get some uninformative Windows error. Any help is appreciated. Here is a picture of the error:
Thanks in advance!
Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer's site.
Maybe also try changing the Hardware Acceleration selection in the preferences.
same here... on new alienware, premiere elements 15 won't startup, crashes while loading...so frustrating.
Could you please Open the Premiere Elements again and crash it, this way we can generate an error log under the event viewer to rectify the problem?
1) Once you have done the above, click on the start button on the lower left corner, type "eventvwr" without the quotes, then hit Enter,
2) This would open up Event viewer window.
3) Expand the windows logs on the left panel and then click on application.
4) look for any errors that show up in the list that would populate in the middle. Highlight the top first error, this should give you the faulty module that can help us further rectify the problem.
5) If you do not see any thing related to Premiere Elements in that error then you may move down the list for the second error and look for any thing that says Premiere Elements, copy the whole thing (including the faulty module) and paste it here on the reply.