• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe premiere elements 2019 extremely slow loading files on 2018 Macbook Pro, 16 GB RAM

New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the fixes from online chats.  Nothing helps.  Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What fixes did you try Tom?

Did you look at Hardware acceleration or audio input choices?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hardware acceleration and audio input changes made no difference.  Neither did any of the advice on any of these forum groups,  The only way to solve the problem is to delete the program and reinstall version 15, and get my $150 refunded.  NOT even Adobe knows the answer, and it is impossible to talk to tech support.  I have spent too much time with their garbage down-upgrade!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum and usually, but not always, there are ways to get things worked out.  The "normal" operation of Premiere Elements is good! 

As a user forum, there is no way to give refunds.  I can try to point you that direction if that's your goal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DUH!  I know that.  And I also know where to go for the refund. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was making an effort to be nice.  Sorry if it offends you.  I truly hope you find software that brings joy to your video editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

I have the same system as you, a 2018 MacBook Pro, and PRE 2019. Perhaps if you could provide a bit more information on the files you used I may be able to help. I'm recently returned from a cruise where I used PRE 2019 to the exclusion of my larger iMac; so I may have run into the same problems and have solutions. One item that may help you is that PRE uses references to your media that you 'load' into your video; that is, what may appear to 'load' is actually a reference to that media's address on your MacBook Pro, and any changes you may make in the relative addresses may be the culprit here.

Bill S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, but I took it back to Best Buy for a full refund.  Went back to version 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines