• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements Copied Text Blocks Linking

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have premiere elements 2020 and when I add a text (example Typography07 ), I disable background, add text, and BOOM. Looks great! However, I have to add lots of text so I copy and paste this in my timeline, but the two are LINKED??? Why? Is there a way I can copy and paste these and just change the text on one without it affecting the other? 

What is happening:
Insert typography07, edit background, edit text. 

Done.

Copy typography07, edit text, now original text block has also been changed. 

To confirm, I changed the name of the text block to "typography111" then the other "copied" one also has its name changed to "typography111". 
It would be really annoying if I have to manually add and edit all the settings for each text block instead of being able to copy one that I've done and just change the text. 

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copying a title produces a clone. Change one title and you change another.

As I show you in my books, to create an independent duplicate right-click on the title in the Project Assets panel and select Duplicate. This duplicates the title's style and graphics but does not link the two titles together.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying a title produces a clone. Change one title and you change another.

As I show you in my books, to create an independent duplicate right-click on the title in the Project Assets panel and select Duplicate. This duplicates the title's style and graphics but does not link the two titles together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE A LEGEND

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Using the latest version of Premiere, I went into the Bin: Titles, right clicked, selected Duplicate, changed the name then dragged into my new scene. I changed the title, and it changed the slide I duplicated from as well.  Deleted and tried again, same thing. Is there a glitch in the system? I did exactly what you said, it made a copy, but it's still linked to the source I duplicated it from. Adobe Premiere is so complex, it really doesn't seem to be all that user friendly from my experience learning it over the last month. ugh. sigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve!

Thanks for this solution and your knowledge of this software. Your help is very much appreciated. I hope you'll allow me to ask for help and vent a little at them same time.

I'm editing a concert where a series of singers go up and sing solo repertoire. Your solution does not work for me, unfortunately.

I'm making a Title out of several "Art in Motion lower 3rd" Titles with "Film Dissolve" transitions between each. I'm also shortening them from 4.29" to 4" each. Lets call it a "Title Sequence". (One for each performer's name, one for the song tile and composer etc...)

This process takes about 20-30 mouse clicks and a lot of precise dragging and dropping. and I have to do this 30 times for a single project.

My problem is that even after meticulousely designing and then "grouping" those elements, they don't show up as a whole in my "project assets" finder. So I cannot "duplicate" them and easily create a bunch, ready to receive their own unique text.

Why am I required to recreate from scratch, this thought out "Title Sequence" every single time I want to use it?

I want to copy paste it without the text being linked. It's a pretty egregious workflow oversight and every time I have to make another one, I just get frustrated all over again. I'm not getting paid by the hour here. Even if I were, this inflation of required effort costs me time and hair, and my clients money. Please Help!

Okay, rant over.

Thanks in advance for all your help and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Cheers!

Fred Hallas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done Steve, it worked for me. This was a major hangup for me (probably everyone else as well) crazy on Adobe's behalf as this is very basic requirements copy and paste text with formatting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh forgot to mention I purchased your book as well for PE 2020 but missed this bit. I will have to search it out... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me which version of Premiere you have? Is it on PC? I am working on Mac Premiere Element 2021 and it still doesn't work for me after the duplicate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, duplicating a title in the Project Assets panel creates a separate duplicate in every version of the program, on both Macs and PCs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have Premiere Elements 2021 on windows and when I duplicate my text, any changes I make STILL carries over to other texts. This is really frustrating for someone who's trying to edit captions into a video. Is there any solution please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My tutorial shows you step by step how to much this work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Steve. I have both a pan-and-zoom and fade in/out effect on my titles, and I'd like to get a duplicate with these effects also duplicated. The version I get from the project assets - duplicate function doesn't have these effects applied.

Having just spent 20 minutes trying to get the pan-and-zoom effect to match exactly on my first duplicated title, trying to replicate the specific effect isn't going to work for the 20+ matching titles I need. 

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't get keyframes by duplicating a title since keyframing is added on the timeline. So you need to duplicating keyframing by copying and pasting from clips on the timeline.

Right-click on the clip whose keyframing you want to copy and select Copy. Right click on the clip or clips you want to add these animations to and select Paste Effects and Adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help! Sorry for the late response -- I thought I replied to this long ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why linking the text boxes after a copy/paste on the timeline would be the default - or even needed?? Maybe this may be a helpful feature for some applications, but man, certainly not out of the box. To address the solutions... Duplicating the text from the bin will not copy any of the settings from the source, yet copying text from the timeline will honor the settings, so the answer in this thread is a work-a-round and not a "solution."  Argh. Lord, Adobe, there are just so many weird things like this across your entire line of products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm racking my brain as to why the interface is so clunky.

Any Audio Engineering program I've ever used, except for the completely free Audacity, is far better designed to aid workflow. Even down to how to zoom and organize your tracks.

Hope you're finding good solutions for your workflow man. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines