• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Elements video editor - custom resolution/aspect ratio

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do custom laboratory imaging that often has a very oddball aspect ratio, e.g. 7:3.  When I bring the video into Premiere Elements, it automatically puts a  black 16:9 backgrouind in place that I can't get rid of.  Whenever I try to clip or crop, it changes the original video but leaves the background in place.  When I go to Export & Share and try Custom settings, I can customize the video resolution but the 16:9 background stays in place.

Basically what I'm asking is how can I specificy custom resolution and/or aspect ratio??

I'm using Premiere Elements 2018.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

You can't specify custom aspect ratios in Premiere Elements.

You can do that in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't specify custom aspect ratios in Premiere Elements.

You can do that in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  As a workaround, I'll get the video how I want it in Premiere Elements, then do a screen capture with cheaper software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Custom laboratory imaging sounds important!  

I'm not sure if it is a good idea to reccommend this.  It is certainly out of bounds from an Adobe perspective.  That said, about a half dozen years ago there was a very busy participant who maintained that you could make custom aspect rations.  (Most of what she posted was irritating critisim.)  To change screeen ratios she would make a copy of one of the Adobe preset files and hack the screen dimentions.   This is one of those "DO IT AT YOU OWN RISK" projects.  I tried it once and it worked.   It might be worthwhile if you need this very often.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2014/10/pe-12-portrait-oriented-video-source.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines