• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying Audio effects in Premier elements

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased recently Premier Elements and am working to learn the ropes. I selected an audio effect and tried to apply it by dragging it to the audio track of a selected clip. However, the cursor turned into a crossed circle and the effect was not applied. I noticed that the audio track had a 5.1 symbol, but I do not know if this is related. The question - how do I apply audio effects ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This may be a little complex!  And, that shouldn't be necessary!

5.1 means it was recorded as "Dolby" audio.  Also called "AC-3".  Due to licensing battles between Dolby, Microsoft, Adobe and (maybe) Apple, there may be challenges.

It is needed to know what version of Premiere Elements, what operating system (and version) and what camera you are using.  Also, which audio effects?  I'm not sure, but some may be for only dual channel, not 5 channel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines