• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio out of sync from video after importing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been recording some Minecraft footage using OBS. When I play it in the regular Photos app of Windows, it plays completely normally. But when I import the video into Premiere Elements, the audio is out of sync from the video (by about 1 second).

I've searched for it, and someone else reported with the exact same problem here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/audio-out-of-sync-after-importing/m-p/4531895?page=1#M16...

And the solution was using an app called Handbrake to change the framerate from Variable framerate to Constant framerate.

Here's the thing:
It fixes the problem.

But if you have a slow computer like me, the app takes time to do the change on your video, especially if you have a longer video.

So I was wondering if you guys (the people who work at Adobe) could fix this problem, so that we don't have to keep using this external program in the first place.

Of course, I don't know if you guys can fix this.. I don't really know too much about programming, but I feel you guys should definitely look into it, because it's definitely more of a hassle to need to use Handbrake before editing.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Feature request , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say which version of the program you're editing with, but version 2020 WILL edit video with variable frame rates.

However, screen capture software often creates video with a number of non-standard specs which can cause what you're describing. If you're going to record and edit screen capture video, it's better to use a video editor that comes married with screen capture tool. Camtasia is my favorite, and I use it to record all my tutorials. CyberLink PowerDirector Ultimate also includes its own screen capture program.

But if you're going to record video from your screen and then edit it in a standard video editor, you're likely to run into the issues you're describing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version (Elements 15).

Also, I have searched for many recording softwares, and personally, OBS is my personal favorite especially as it's free and has many settings.

So is there a way to edit videos in constant framerate, or do I really have to buy a new editing software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm very confused by your post, ChickenKid. As I said in my post, version 15 is not the latest version of Premiere Elements and it is not capable of editing variable frame rate video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines