Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad video render

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya,

I consider myself 'able to use' Premiere Elements Pro (Pro) for what I want that is to produce very strange gaming videos. I recently got a new PC and reinstalled Pro (I assume a new version) and have been working on my latest weirdness.

The other day I quickly uploaded a rendered a beautiful clip that rendered fine with no editing and uploaded it to youtube:

Nyx Fireworks - YouTube (just to demonstrate the quality of the game, render, and youtube)

So I am working on a much more weird video about 5 minutes long, lots of sound clips, a few photocraphs. Point is when I render it the quality is absolute rubbish:

https://i.imgur.com/R9VsRBN.jpg

I have tried literally most of the rendering modes including the Ultra HD 4K modes as well as playing with the custom renders, same problem. I have also watched on Task Manager to watch the performance as it renders, no concerns there either.

I have created weird videos before that are as mad as this one and longer on previous versions of this software.

I would appreciate a hand with this although I sadly suspect it's buggy software

Cheers

A

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no program called Premiere Elements Pro. There's Premiere Elements -- and there's Premiere Pro. But they are two VERY different programs. Which are you asking about?

That said, which version of the program are you using on what operating system?

What model of camcorder did you shoot your video with and at what resolution? You appear to be using some sort of screen capture software (FRAPS, Elgato), which have their own challenges.

What are your Premiere Elements project settings (listed under Project Settings, under the Edit menu)?

What Export & Share option did you use to output your movie?

There is nothing buggy about the software that would explain the results you're getting. What you've got is a poor match of project settings and video source -- which we can help you with to some degree. (Though, as I've said, screen capture software has its own challenges.) But we need to know what your workflow is ... and what software you're editing with .. in order to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologise sorry, I was not aware they are 2 different programs

1. Adobe Premiere Elements 2018

2. Windows 10

3. Fraps

4. The export and share thing is challenging because ive tried so many. Default being: https://i.imgur.com/VTDWluT.png

5. Project settings see this image: Imgur

I am sorry for using imgur for this stuff its just I am not hyper technical and I think it is the easiest way to explain what I am doing. The Maximum Bit Depth under project settings I have already tried off and on, I read that from some other googling.

On a previous windows 10 laptop and an older version of this software I made much weirder and longer videos. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add screenshot:

add snapshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is I am not convinced it is fraps. I just threw together 4 random clips (same game, same fraps, same everything) and it rendered in perfect quality. Just 4 random clips with not editing.

I think it is something to do with the length of the 'movie' and perhaps the sound tracks. But I have no idea what it could be.

I am going to slowly try dismantling the movie bit by bit to see what isn't rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be uninstalling this software and switching to a competitor. It's a shame but this latest version is crap.

To test it, I slowly removed every bit of editing right down to the very first clip and tried to render it, the quality was terrible. However, if I started a new project and inserted the very same first clip by itself into the timeline and rendered it, it was perfect quality. I would have expected a video editing suit to you know... edit videos.

I have also tried taking pictures of my timeline and starting again with a new project, same problem after I render about 20 seconds worth of media.

If I add clips into the editer and do absolutely nothing to theme except put them together and render them, thats fine, but cut/clip/add music....nope.

As I said previously, a less impressive laptop with an older version of Premiere Elements it worked fine and if I do single clips it's fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you were able to find solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to do something weirdly uncharacteristic for the internet and apologise. You actually asked the question Steve about project settings and I didn't realise what you were saying, so didn't actually give you the response you wanted.

Though discussions with an internet buddy that knows video editing, we worked for a while and realised the 'default' settings didn't work. But for fraps/new pc, HDV 1030i on the presets actually renders clips and the whole video correctly.

Feel free to spread this around and I apologise for being a tit.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Albert,

I'm adding to this because many besides you may read it. 

Premiere Elements seems aimed at people that make videos with cameras.  The formats are relatively few and almost always have a fixed frame rate.  Programs like FRAPs for game screen capture often use variable frame rates, presumably to ease the workload on the CPU.

Consequently, Premiere Elements will sometimes balk at editing game capture footage.  The work around, when and if there are problems, is to (1) "fix" the footage to a constant frame rate and (2) make sure the project settings match the (now fixed) footage.

"Fixing" the footage is conveniently done with software like the (free) Handbrake.

Normally, the project settings are automatic and are done when the first ("fixed") clip is added to the timeline.  

Again, I'm writing this for people that will potentially read this topic for reference.

Good luck with your project!  If you are inclined, would you post a link to something you've put on YouTube?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FRAPS is like the issue. What's the resolution and frame rate of that FRAPS video?

Your project settings show 1920x1080 interlaced video -- which is by now means a match for your video. So once we know your video's true resolution, we can show you how to match your project settings to it, which will definitely give you better results.

Though, as I've said, screen recording software has a lot of liabilities, so you may want to consider a different program to edit it. And even then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines