• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I cut a clip from one project and paste into a new project?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some old film movies that I had transferred to DVDs in a .mov format.  I have loaded one of the DVDs into Premier Elements 2018 and I would like to be able to cut sections out of this video and start a new project with this.  Is there a way to do that?  My other option would be to delete everything but the info I want and then save this as a new project, but this seems like more work.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not a cut and paste function or sequence process in Premiere Elements. 

You can set the work area bars at a section and export only that section into new clips that can be used in other projects. 

Do you want help on how to use the work area bars?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You slide the WorkArea bars above the time line to match what you want.  Then at export you check the box to save only that part.

Work Area Bars.jpg

Export.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I think I've got it.  Since I will be adding clips from various videos and bringing them together to do additional editing, what is the best format to save these workspace clips in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is hard to say without seeing the clips.  You said they were old movies so I expect the resolution to be low. 

You said you would be mixing these "new" clips in with something else.  The ideal solution is to establish what that is or what your "primary" footage is.  Then, try to match that. 

If that doesn't work, a default with today's screens and TVs, I think I might start with HD 1920x1080p.  

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines