• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Create ISO File

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Elements 17 to create a DVD composed of both video and still images.  I'm used this application to create multiple productions using identical media.

When I attempted to burn the disc it encoded the files but the application hangs up when it's time to create the iso file.

The production is 34 minutes long and requires 2.33 GB of space. I've created several shows of this size or larger.

We have 19 people coming over in one week to see this show so I really need to figure out what the issue is.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 17 is actually Premiere Elements 2019, BTW.

How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Your DVD may only be ultimately 2.33 gigs of space, but much more space is required -- much of it contiguous -- is necessary for the program to process and transcode the video.

If you've done this successfully in the past but can't now, it's most likely because your drive no longer has the large chunks of free space necessary for the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchase a new version of Elements every two years and since the folders for the last three versions were labeled 13.0, 15.0 and 17.0 I guess I referred to the current version incorrectly. Sorry

The issue didn't appear to be related to space or fragmentation of my hard drive. I checked and my hard drive is in very good shape.

I finally got through the creation of the ISO file by closing a couple of applications that were running in the background. Once I did that all went well.

Thanks for the prompt response. We really enjoy the Elements applications and hope to continue using them in the future.

Steve B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could also be a RAM issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Steve+Grisetti  wrote

How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

If its a ssd you dont defragment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW the cause you're describing does indicate you've got a resource or space issue -- so it's likely going to happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Are you still facing this issue? Check out this link: How to share to DVD or Blu-ray with Premiere Elements. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-elements/using/sharing-dvd-or-blu-ray.html#BurnDVD_pre13

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the problem was resolved. But I will read the attached article

Thank you

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to know

Would you mind sharing what fixed the issue for you?

Give us a shout if you need anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines