Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Render Video

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm trying to utilize premier elements 2020 to create a 3-4 video from gopro footage of a trip we recently took.  Below is the properties of the video clip.  Will previous versions/clips/etc, I'd load them into the project render, cut out/edit a part, render and review.  I'm not able to render the video in the project and it's beyond frustrating because the video gets all choppy when playing it back.  I'm used to seeing an orange/yellow bar after you drop in a video into the timeline, that doesn't even show up.  It's so weird.  

Any thoughts?  

thomaso14706177_1-1596345607746.png

thomaso14706177_2-1596345805832.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the program has matched your video specs. To confirm it, go to the Edit menu and check the General page under Project Settings. Are the settings listed the same as your video specs?

If you're okay there, which processor do you have with how much RAM? 4K video does need a lot of processing power.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve.  

It doesn't look like the settings under project setting>general match the video quality.  When I restart the project, it gives me the option to change settings there.  What preset would allow 4K with the formatting I have? One doesn't stand out.  If select a 1080p 60fps and check the box "Force selected Project Setting on this project" then it seems to allow me to render the video in the project.  I'd assume at that point it's just taking the higher quality video and cropping it to 1920x1080.  Not the end of the world.  

For additional reference, I have an i7 7th gen Intel Processor.  And a Nvidia GeForce 940mx gpu.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So what project settings were being used in the screen shot you posted on August 1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines