• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get screen to play clip in expert mode

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed APE 19. I am running Windows 10 PE 64 Bit. My Video Card is LG FULL HD

(1920x1080@60Hz) 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (EVGA). I have tons of memory. After importing a video file of any type, I cannot play the Video. I get no messages, it just doesn't play. I have tried MP4, AVCHD, MP2 AND DVD-NTSD. To import I used ADD Media and the clips are in Project Assets. I pull the clip into the timeline in Expert Mode. The clip appears on the timeline, both video and audio. If I move the marker along the, video appears in play and changes as I move on the timeling. 

The only problem is it will not play. I have read information in help but have not been able to make to find anything that fixes this. I am guessing this is some simple setting that is not correct or something like that but this is my first use of APE.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tons of memory? Wow! That must be a pretty heavy computer!

Which processor do you have?

When you add a clip to your timeline, is there a yellow orange 'render' line above it? This render line is an indication that your project settings do not match your video specs -- and that will greatly reduce the program's performance.

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the little information you provided, this is a guess and hunch.  There is something wrong with your Audio Hardware settings.  Can you post a screen shot of that page?  Default audio output should maybe be "None".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you community for your advise. I will answer the questions you sent back to the best of my knowledge.

The computer is a bit of a screamer. It was built with editing and rendering in mind. It is even water cooled. In answer to your questions here goes. The processor info is Intel Core i7 6850K @ 3.60GHz 39 Ā°C
Broadwell-E/EP 14nm Technology, I am trying a clip that is about 10 minuses. This clip is a family trip to a Star Trek thing. If is fairly old and also a low resolution. To down load it to my computer I took the original (video tape - probably 45 years old) I used a Sony Player that also burns DVD's and this is definitely low resolution compared to what is used today.. Knowing this I am using  DV-NTSC as my codec. That is I took the DVD file and used Any Converter to change it to the DV-NTSC. I then saved it to my hard drive with the following video parameters:

Frame Size 780 X 420

Frame Rate 30 fps

Sample Rate 48000 HZ

I can include other info you need. I could understand a problem with the video so I used a low frame size. If I slide the time marker, the video is there and with this lower frame size as whsprague suggested. It does now play and renders When rendering it did not have a orange line like ...

Thank you for your ideas. Sucerss is great.

Mark Carnes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines