Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change text color in Premier Elements

Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded a trial version of Premier Elements to see if I'd be able to do what I want before I purchase it.  And, I figured out how to get an arrow using wingding font, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to change the color.  I click on the color palette icon and select a different color, but it won't apply it to the text.  Either I'm doing something wrong or the software has an issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

It is not intuitive.  Click the white box between the red line and black box.  Then below that there is a slider that put the general color in the box above it.  In side the upper box is a little round circle that you move toward the color and density you want.  Then press OK.   Be sure the wingding or text is highlighted or selected before you start. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using a Wingding, you're using a font, which mean that it is text.

Are you in the Title Adjustments workspace? Did you use the text selection tool to select the arrow?

If you use a regular font and you type text into your title, can you select it and change its color? The process is exactly the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.  Yes, I'm using the title adjustments.  When I click on the color properties for the text, I see a box with color in it and to the right of that a red diagonal line, a white box and a black box.  There is also Fill, a drop-down I can't select and Stroke Weight.  I can slide the color selection over to a red hue and click OK, but it doesn't change the color of the text. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not intuitive.  Click the white box between the red line and black box.  Then below that there is a slider that put the general color in the box above it.  In side the upper box is a little round circle that you move toward the color and density you want.  Then press OK.   Be sure the wingding or text is highlighted or selected before you start. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx, got it now.  And, you're right, it's not very intuitive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should pick up a copy of my book! It would feel real intuitive real fast!

In any event, please mark this question as correctly answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I get a copy of your book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines