• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copy contents of 1 track to another

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully been able to use the crop tool to divide my screen between 2 video clips. However, when the shorter clip ends, I only have the 1 clip playing on just 1 side of the screen. I tried to undo the cropping at this point, but the whole cropping disappeared from the beginning. I then tried to simply copy the longer clip above to another track. This way, I could just shorten the original longer track to have it stop when the shorter clip ended, and then have the copy take over. However, I could not figure out how to paste a copy of a clip to a fresh track. Of course, it's easy to copy a clip, and I can go to the top toolbar and hit the paste item, but a new clip does not show itself in a fresh track when I do this--even if I set the timeline to the area I want. I guess I'm not able to choose (highlight) a new track when there is nothing yet in it.

Thus, if you're still with me---and I could explain it differently if I'm making it too complicated: is there a way to either 1)make my cropped video go back to full  size at a certain time in the timeline, or 2) make a copy of a clip and paste it to a fresh track? Of course, if I did paste it, I would hope it didn't carry over the original cropping attribute, or else this 2nd choice would be useless.

Thanks.

LNovik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I think about this, I realize I could put a split in the longer clip, the split occurring on the timeline just after the shorter one ends. Then, I could re-crop the earlier part of the clip. Hopefully, the part of the clip AFTER the split will not have the crop attribute. Hopefully my monitor will then show a full screen.

LNovik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reread your post a couple time and am not sure I understand the question. 

The title asks how to copy and paste. 

I'm not sure why, but you can select a clip, right click and copy.  But, right click to paste seems to not be there.

However, you can move Timeline Indicator and exercise a "Ctrl+V" and it will paste in the copied clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am familiar with the "cntl V" pasting command. However, I don't know how to CHOOSE a new track for that paste to be assigned to. Thus, I know how to select a "clip," but how does one select a track. If I could do that, I could put the timeline on that selected track, and then  press "cntl V.

I wouldn't even have to do any of this if I could do the following: after I choose a clip and add the Crop attribute, am I then able to get rid of this crop function later in the same clip? I realize I could split that clip at the point I want to stop having it share it's screen with another clip. However, I would think it would still be in crop mode. Is there a way to remove this crop function from a clip?

Thanks. again.

LNovik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my computer the Ctrl+V inserts it on the same track as the original at the CTI.  I put the CTI at the end of the primary track, insert it, grab it and move it where I want.

If I understand right, no you can't remove an effect for part of a clip.  It is applied to all or nothing.  You can remove effects, but only to the entire clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, That's very helpful.

LNovik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome!  Good luck and have fun with your video editing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines