• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing or will play audio but stuck on one frame

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been working on a video for a few weeks off and on and went to finish it up today. However, the program now keeps crashing within seconds of opening or it'll stay open and when I hit play the line will move and the audio will play but it's just stuck showing one frame the whole way through and sometimes it'll zoom way in on the frame where you can only see the top of my head and is just stuck there while the audio plays. If I try and skip to another clip it may try to play for a few seconds (just audio) then the program crashes)  I've tried rendering it as well and it just stops at 1 frame besides making it to 200 something once. 

My computer specs are

Windows 10

Intel 9700k

1080Ti

32GB ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:

MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MEDIAINFO3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you copy the text from that MediaInfo report and paste it to this forum? That screen shot is barely readable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eneral
Complete name                            : B:\2019HEMP-FARM\P1011570.MOV
Format                                   : MPEG-4
Format profile                           : QuickTime
Codec ID                                 : qt   2011.07 (qt  /pana)
File size                                : 3.96 GiB
Duration                                 : 3 min 45 s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 151 Mb/s
Encoded date                             : UTC 2019-04-08 15:55:23
Tagged date                              : UTC 2019-04-08 15:55:23
com.panasonic.Semi-Pro.metadata.xml      : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?> / <ClipMain xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="urn:schemas-Professional-Plug-in:Semi-Pro:ClipMetadata:v1.0"> /   <ClipContent> /     <GlobalClipID>060A2B340101010501010D211300000007000000E8DC03447F451060C0C20066</GlobalClipID> /     <Duration>5400</Duration> /     <EditUnit>1001/24000</EditUnit> /     <EssenceList> /       <Video> /         <Codec BitRate="150">H264_422_LongGOP</Codec> /         <ActiveLine>2160</ActiveLine> /         <ActivePixel>3840</ActivePixel> /         <BitDepth>10</BitDepth> /         <FrameRate>23.98p</FrameRate> /         <TimecodeType>NonDrop</TimecodeType> /         <StartTimecode>00:09:44:12</StartTimecode> /       </Video> /       <Audio> /         <Channel>2</Channel> /         <SamplingRate>48000</SamplingRate> /         <BitsPerSample>16</BitsPerSample> /       </Audio> /     </EssenceList> /     <ClipMetadata> /       <Rating>0</Rating> /       <Access> /         <CreationDate>2019-04-08T15:55:23-06:00</CreationDate> /         <LastUpdateDate>2019-04-08T15:55:23-06:00</LastUpdateDate> /       </Access> /       <Device> /         <Manufacturer>Panasonic</Manufacturer> /         <ModelName>DC-GH5</ModelName> /       </Device> /       <Shoot> /         <StartDate>2019-04-08T15:55:23-06:00</StartDate> /       </Shoot> /     </ClipMetadata> /   </ClipContent> /   <UserArea> /     <AcquisitionMetadata xmlns="urn:schemas-Professional-Plug-in:P2:CameraMetadata:v1.2"> /       <CameraUnitMetadata> /         <Gamma> /           <CaptureGamma>STANDARD</CaptureGamma> /         </Gamma> /         <Gamut> /           <CaptureGamut>BT.709</CaptureGamut> /         </Gamut> /       </CameraUnitMetadata> /     </AcquisitionMetadata> /   </UserArea> / </ClipMain>

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : High 4:2:2@L5.1
Format settings                          : CABAC / 1 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames        : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP                     : M=1, N=12
Codec ID                                 : avc1
Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 149 Mb/s
Maximum bit rate                         : 180 Mb/s
Width                                    : 3 840 pixels
Height                                   : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Standard                                 : Component
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:2
Bit depth                                : 10 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.751
Stream size                              : 3.91 GiB (99%)
Color range                              : Limited
Color primaries                          : BT.709
Transfer characteristics                 : BT.709
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.709
Codec configuration box                  : avcC

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : PCM
Format settings                          : Big / Signed
Codec ID                                 : twos
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 1 536 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel layout                           : L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Stream size                              : 41.2 MiB (1%)

Other
ID                                       : 3
Type                                     : Time code
Format                                   : QuickTime TC
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Time code of first frame                 : 00:09:44:12
Time code, striped                       : Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you add this video to a new project, do you see a yellow orange 'render' line above the video? This indicates that the program was not able to identify the specs of your video and match the project settings to it. Your video has some unusual markers, but it's hard to say if they'd cause the program to choke.

Any thoughts, Bob?

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have several of those orange lines throughout the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear: When you start a new project and add your video to it, do you see a yellow orange render line above the video clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the only time the orange render line pops up is when it's footage that was shot in slow-mo.  However, after starting a new project to check this, I noticed that it won't even play the clips without it. The audio will work but it'll basically just freeze on one frame and zooms way in and occasionally it'll stutter to another frame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're saying that even when you see no render line above your video it won't play, something is definitely wrong. With your powerhouse computer, this should not be happening.

Have you gone to the program's preferences (under the Edit menu on a PC) and, on the General page, unchecked the option to use hardware acceleration to see if that makes a difference. (Ironically hardware acceleration can actually make Premiere Elements run more slowly.)

If that doesn't fix it, I really have no idea what to recommend. If you're using the 2019 version of Premiere Elements, you can chat with Customer Care and see if they can figure out what's up. But I don't think we can help you here on this forum. All indications are that things are where they should be.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, even if I start a new project and put say a 3 minute clip in that has no render line it won't even play. I may hear the audio but the video just gets stuck on a frame and then typically the program crashes. I actually have the 2018 version. I'm just going to switch over to other video editing software since I've already wasted way to much of my time messing with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines