• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cut Mp3 for Movie Menu

Participant ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PE 12 and I want to cut a portion of an Mp3 to use in my menu title. I looked under your Forums and have downloaded Audacity thinking that I could cut a portion of the Mp3 file, save it and import it into my Movie Menu  Audio portion, however I am not finding an option there. I than thought "maybe" I could add that Mp3 file to my audio line on my timeline, edit it there and than copy it, however I cannot export that portion to where I need it to be.

I did go to the Movie Menu audio selection and did see "in point" so am wondering if that might work? However when I tested it the green pointer moved very fast so if that is the answer than

1. how can I manually enter the numbers  and

2. how do I know what numbers to enter?  (I know what portion I want it to play but how do I figure the corresponding numbers to enter)

Is there a way to do this, what am I missing? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Thank you all, what I ended up doing was on the Movie Menu audio, I did a "browse" and selected my Mp3 and from having put it first into Audacity I was able to visualize where I wanted to start my clip. I than imported it and chose the correct "in point" . Thus it played where I wanted it to on the Movie Menu screen. Thanks for your input and help. Have a wonderful Holiday.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert the mp3 to wav in Audacity and then use the wav file in Premiere Elements.

Premiere Elements doesn't like mp3 audio and it can cause some strange problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is not the issue, I want to cut the Mp3 file before I import it into PE, I need to know how to cut the file, or know how to figure out my in point. In other words if I just import it like it is I don't want the "intro" on the Mp3 file I want to cut that portion. Hopefully I am making myself clear. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to cut it in either Premiere Elements or Audacity.  My choice would be to do it in Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can cut it in Premier Elements but than how do I get into the Movie Menu Audio?  I have to "browse" and where would I locate it? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the mp3 in Elements and export just the section you want to use as wave.

Remember were you put it on the hdd.

When editing you movie menu navigate to that particular space on the hdd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann, I tried as you said however when I went to file>export, export was dithered out and would not allow me to save it and export it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the origin of this mp3?

Audacity might be more forgiving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all, what I ended up doing was on the Movie Menu audio, I did a "browse" and selected my Mp3 and from having put it first into Audacity I was able to visualize where I wanted to start my clip. I than imported it and chose the correct "in point" . Thus it played where I wanted it to on the Movie Menu screen. Thanks for your input and help. Have a wonderful Holiday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines