• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting empty room between clips

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I feel the need after finishing my film to delete some pictures. The problem is, that I can't close the empty room after it, because i have an audio clip in it., see the example. But I need the audio clip, because I calculated exactly where the audio clip must start and finish. How can I fix this?

1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is a very common scenario while editing. Usually, editors first decide the complete music track to be used in movie and later decide which video should go with which audio segment. But in this case, below are few things that you might want to try out:

• Changing duration of previous clips so that there is no gap in the end. For eg., changing speed
  • Adding any other picture in between to fill up the space
  • Trim the ends of second audio (in your screenshot) to match video above and delete gap

Let me know it answers your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the times it when I am not satisfied about some pictures of I want the pictures on another place in the film.Adding other pictures is also no solution.

I always make a mix between pictures and clips and though the whole film I use music. So if I delete the end of one piece of audio a new problem will exist  with the next audio clip. So I can't change the start of the audio clip, but at the end of that clip I can fade out. So what I search for is to move the audioclip to the empty place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an option

Clips untouched.

Gap gone and unchanged audio superimposed.

2019-03-13_19-15-02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good option, Ann. I will try that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines