• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dialogue Box Not Appearing

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this extremely frustrating problem.

I was getting so far in editing a video, then I try to stabilize a frame, and it tells me that the frame size needs to match project settings or something similar.

So I went to the adobe help forum to see how I could change my setting. They were all saying that I need to create a new project. This was already incredibly frustrating. So I go to create a new project and try again. No help. Then it says I need to change my setting from the beginning. So i'm searching all over the place to try and change my settings then I finally find Project settings under edit. Go to change but it wont let me.

Then I googled some more, and am told that when I click the new project a 'dialogue box' of some sorts is supposed to appear and let me change the settings so I can already be prepared to change. But no matter how many times I start a new project no dialogue box is appearing! I currently have adobe elements 15. Where is this dialogue box??? Can someone please help me. I was planning to get this recording and editing done before Christmas as a gift but it looks like it wont be 😞 All I wanted was to use shake reduction D:

I would insert a video to show but it wont let me sadly D:

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Import , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Effective shake reduction relies on too many variables including the power of your computer.   There are more than a few posts in this forum where shake reduction frustrates users.  

For project setting in the master project, start it by inserting an primary, "most important" clip to the timeline.  That will automatically set the project.   The dialog you are writing about it for special purpose projects where you have to force settings.  

The work around that seems to help the most is to  "pre process" clips that need it.  Open a fresh project, put in only the shaky clip, stabilize it and output it to a format that matches the master project.  Then open the master project and insert the new, stabilized clip.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines