• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Doing narrations is a trial.

Participant ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere's audio creation and editing functions has several nice features, but the following things make audio editing  aggravating.

1. Having to turn the system speakers off then back on every time you create a narration is a real pain.  Particularly since a previous application I used didn't require this causing me to forget often.
  2. When I delete part of a sound clip I have to manually abut the right-hand piece to the remaining piece. Seems like it should close the gap as part of deletion. 
  3. Is there a way to concatenate/join adjacent audio clips so they can be moved as one? If not, there should be.

Another question. 

Is it possible to set the default audio gain so I don't have to change it for every clip?

. Windows 10 -- Premiere Elements 2018 -- Photoshop CC
TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I'd describe having to manually click a couple of switches a trial but, yeah, there are some things you wish the program would do automatically.

You can move two clips as one by grouping them. Select both (or many) clips on the timeline and, from the right-click menu, select Group.

Beyond that, there is no short cut for muting speaker audio or joining audio clips on the narration track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can move two clips as one by grouping them. Select both (or many) clips on the timeline and, from the right-click menu, select Group.

I have 60+ audio clips.  Is there a way to select them all at once? I tried highlighting the first and shift-clicking the last like windows does it but that didn't work.  The only way I found to highlight multiple clips is to shift-click each one. 

Once grouped, can I ungroup the first one in the group?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag across the clips to select several at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I don't understand. When I press Shift, then click on a clip and try to drag, it move the clip -- I doesn't highlight any other clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something happened to this question:

Is there a way to set the default volume gain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To select several clips at once, hold down your left mouse button and drag over the clips you want to select on your timeline.

The default gain is set to 0 db, which is default for every editing program. There is no way to change it that I'm aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines