Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Driver error and now no webcam preview

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I just bought Adobe Premiere Elements 2019 5 days ago with the intent of recording with my USB webcam. I have the Logitech Brio which works just fine with the Logitech software and OBS. When I would open the webcam for recording I could switch to the Brio and see the preview. When hitting the capture button, I would get a Driver Error (photo included). I installed APE 2019 on my laptop and it works with my built in camera but when I connected the Brio, same problem, Driver Error.

Yesterday (off for Thanksgiving) I participated in a chat with Adobe and the Tech remoted to my computer to look at things. He looked various settings and also my device manager, concentrated more on the sound settings as I believe he thought this was the issue, installed newest video drivers. No luck.

I had a Logitch 910, which I attached and it worked. I was able to record a video but now preview.

Now, my preview does not even work. I cannot even see anything as I did before he tried to help. I have gone backwards.

I tried uninstalling and installing. No luck.

Now I am stuck with:

1) no preview with webcam

2) unable to use the newest Logitech camera (Brio)

3) inability for Adobe to help

Thank you in advance.

Sal

photoshop elements error 2.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see a question in your post, but I assume you're trying to either get your webcam working again or to record your webcam into Premiere Elements.

You can certainly try rolling back your driver to one that works. Or even better, go to the source. Was your webcam installed on your computer when you bought it? Go to your computer manufacturer's (Dell, HP, etc.) web site and download the original firmware. If not, go to the Brio site and download a driver. Don't trust Windows to supply your driver.

When you say your "preview" doesn't work, it's not clear if you mean you can't record into Premiere Elements or if Adobe ended up breaking your webcam completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines