• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dual Layer DVD ISO Not Mastered Correctly

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Premiere Elements 14 to successfully burn my projects onto dual layer DVDs.  For making future copies of the encoded movie I decided to use Premiere Elements to also create a dual layer DVD iso file so that I can then use a program, such as ImgBurn, to then burn the dual layer DVDs on the fly without having to reencode the project in Elements.

However, when I try and burn the iso created by Elements I get an ImgBurn error message stating that "the image has not been mastered correctly onto a double layer (OTP Track Path) disc."  It goes on to state "None of the cells meet the DVD-Video specification criteria for a potential layer break position."

Is this a problem with the iso created by Elements 14 or is this an ImgBurn issue?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a different burning software and see if you get the same error.

Here is one:

https://cdburnerxp.se/help/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you burn using a DVD-DL disc, try burning using a DVD+DL disc.

This problem also occurs with Adobe's authoring software Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm burning using DVD+R DL dual layer discs anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is 100% correct, as you cannot set a layer break in DVD-R DL media as it will always just split the files in half. 

Your problem is that you have not actually set your layer break - what you need is PGCedit (which is donationware) as this will allow you to re-edit almost anything in the compiled Video_TS folder - including the layer break - and once this is done you should find that IMGburn will allow a disc to be burned.

The strange thing about this is that IMGburn will usually present you with a list of options for placing your layer break, and when it tells you there are none avaiilable this is (as it states) usually time to start crying as it means your film/video is one long piece with no chapter points, and a layer break can only go at the start of a file or at a chapter point in the file.

Can you possibly let me know exactly what is going on in your DVD - I may be able to suggest something, but my first guess would be to set a dummy chapter point at a place in your film where there is blackout (and ideally audio silence too) by creating a marker in your Premiere sequence & converting this to a chapter point in the marker editor. Then this will be available for PGCedit to set a break point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Neil - I am in this situation as well, with a large enough "production" that I need to put on a DL disc.  It gives me the option of using a standard disc, but that means loss of quality, if full-size the movie is 1 hr 46 min and 7.3Gb?  I have 10 scene markers using premier elements 2020.  but IMGburn gives the same error message as mentioned above.  Do scene markers not qualify as a good breaking point for using a double layer disc?  I'm super not techy, and I noticed a couple other menu markers I could use, so should I have done that differently?  The PGCedit costs to download and again, I'm not techy, so if I can just change a menu marker without messing up the menus I already put into the production I would prefer that - one less learning curve!! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

P.S. I am using DVD+R.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines