Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error compiling movie - out of memory

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been using premiere elements for several weeks and I've been able to export a movie without a problem. Now suddenly I'm getting "Error compiling movie, out of memory".

I've tried a lot of different things to fix it. I've uninstalled programs I don't use, closed background programs, freed up a lot of space on the harddrive, ran C cleaner to remove temp files, updated windows and restarted many times.

I also uninstalled the new Microsoft Edge as I thought the issue started after that updated, but that didn't work either. 

Does anyone have any ideas of what I need to do to fix it? It was completely fine last week. Any help would be very much appreciated. 

Cheers, 

Mark

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the program are you using on what operating system?

Which processor do you have with how much RAM? How much free space is on your hard drive?

How long is your movie project and what media is your project composed of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. 

It's Premiere Elements 7.

Processor: AMD A8-7650K Radeon R7, 10 Compile Cores 4C +6G 3.30GHz

8gb RAM

238gb free space

It's a 5 minute video using all mp4 videos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 7 was released 12 years ago. It had limited support for AVCHD but I'm not sure how well it handled MP4s, especially if this is phone video. At that time the program was designed primarily for miniDV and HDV video.

You don't say what operating system you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a 64 bit operating system.

I downloaded the latest premiere pro but it crashed every time I tried to open it. If I need upgrades to my computer, what would I need to get? Is there anything else I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still dont' say what operating system you're using, but you'll need Windows 10 to run the current versions of either Premiere Elements or Premiere Pro. 

If you're going to edit MP4s, I'd recommend you upgrade to at least Premiere Elements 11 or 12.

But you've also got a pretty minimal processor, so I'm not sure just upgrading would be enough for you. Your CPU rates a 2,800 benchmark, and I'd recommend at least at 6,500 benchmark rating for editing HD MP4s.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, I'm not much of a tech whizz. I'm using Windows 10.

If I upgrade to elements 11 or 12, will I have the same issue that I had with premiere pro when it crashed each time I tried to open it? Or  do you think my computer might be able to accommodate Elements better?

Thanks for your advice an this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't say. As I've said, you've got a pretty low powered processor for editing HD MP4s. And it's even more underpowered if those MP4s are coming from a phone.

If you're planning to edit video, it is definitely worth a few hundred dollars to buy a computer with a faster processor. Otherwise I'd say you're in for a lot of frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines