Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Extremely Slow - Normal? Premiere Essentials 2018

Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a 90min family movie that I'm trying to export to Computer (SD 480), middle quality, and it's saying that it will take 70 hours to convert? Is this right or am I doing something wrong? The files were originally DVD files that I imported into Premier Essentials 18 for export to .MP4 so I can upload to YouTube.

I'm exporting on a brand new laptop with the following specifications:

• 7th Generation Intel® Coreâ„¢ i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
  • 16GB, 2400MHz, DDR4; up to 32GB
  • 512GB PCIe Solid State Drive

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

You still don't say how you got the video clips from the DVD disc to your computer. But Premiere Elements usually matches its project settings to DVD video automatically. In your case it did not.

Start a new project. On the New Project panel, click Settings and, on the Settings panel, select Hard Disc/Flash Memory Camcorder/Standard 48Khz. (Unless your DVD was widescreen, in which case choose the Widescreen option.) Click OK and then, back at the New Project panel, check the option to Force Setti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

90 minutes is an unusually long video -- particularly for YouTube (which has a 10-15 minute limit, unless you've got a premium account). But even that said, your i7 shouldn't take longer than the running time of the movie, at most. 70 hours? Ridiculous. (I'm assuming you've got a least 100 gigs of free space on that SSD.)

But how did you get the video from your DVD to your computer and what format is it in?

When you added that video to your timeline in Premiere Elements, was there a yellow orange "render" line above the video? This would indicate that your project settings and video are mismatch, which can result in inefficient behavior and long render times.

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, thanks for the quick reply. These are family movies that I converted years ago from VHS to DVD. Yes, as you can see below there is an orange line above it. Any tips for me? I really appreciate it.

FYI - I'm converting to .MP4 and uploading to YouTube so my family can see them instead of me having to give them multiple DVDs.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still don't say how you got the video clips from the DVD disc to your computer. But Premiere Elements usually matches its project settings to DVD video automatically. In your case it did not.

Start a new project. On the New Project panel, click Settings and, on the Settings panel, select Hard Disc/Flash Memory Camcorder/Standard 48Khz. (Unless your DVD was widescreen, in which case choose the Widescreen option.) Click OK and then, back at the New Project panel, check the option to Force Settings.

Click OK to open your new project and drop one of your VOBs on your timeline. If all is well, you should NOT see a yellow-orange line above your clips, indicating that your video and project settings match. If so, load the rest of your clips into this project and your output to MP4 shouldn't take but at most the running time of your movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, are you referring to an older version of Elements? In Elements 2018 I can click on New Project, but then I need to add media and the only media option that works is "Files and Folders." I then navigate to the folder with the DVD files and import that way. There's no Hard Disc option and there's also no New Project panel. I've looked everywhere I think I can....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out Steve! Instead of using the DVD files that also had a DVD menu, I realized that I kept a folder with the raw unedited files. When I opened that same video up the export time was only 40mins, not 70 hours. Thank you for asking me about that orange bar else I would have spend 1,000 hours converting everything!

Happy Holidays!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please mark this question as correctly answered, Mkrx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines