• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported video pauses briefly at end during looping playback - is it PEL or a codec problem? (Windows 10)

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem:

If I run a seamlessly-looping video (stock footage) through Premiere Elements 13 (Windows 10), the result pauses briefly at the end. There's something in the way PEL exports the video that creates this problem.

Details:

• Our church projector is 1024x768 (4:3).
  • Using PEL, I'm trying to crop/resize a 1280x720 (16:9) stock video (seamless .mov loop from Worship House Media) to 1024x768.
    • My workflow uses a 4:3 project preset and a custom 4:3 .epr export preset.
    • This example uses the same 4:3 project preset, but exports at 16:9 to simplify debugging. (Standard export preset, not my custom preset)
    • It's just "place media, export video".
  • The source video is 1280x720 (16:9), 29.97 fps, 30s 30ms. It loops seamlessly in Windows Media Player and my target presentation software, Easy Worship.
  • The PEL project preset is "Flip Mino and Ultra 29_97p (not HD)" to edit in 4:3.
  • I drag the video onto the project.
  • I export using Computer > MPEG > HDTV 720p 29.97 High Quality
  • Playing the exported video in Windows Media Player and Easy Worship shows the same problem: there is a slight pause at the end, before the video resumes playback at the start.
    • Playing the .mov source video loops seamlessly, without a hiccup.
  • Here are the MediaInfo reports for the source video and exported video​. You should find all the data you need in there.

Is this a Premiere Elements problem? Is this a codec problem? Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Photoshop Elements forum to Premiere Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is more likely an issue with the player software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why I tried in both Easy Worship (contemporary presentation software) and good ol' Windows Media Player. Neither loops seamlessly. (Both loop seamlessly on the "source video" described above.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried VLC Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With its Loop setting on, VLC pauses at the end of the video. Even the source video pauses. (It doesn't pause in WMP or EW.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting. I tried creating a looping video in PS from scratch, at 10 fps to better see the frames. (test-loading.mp4 - Google Drive) It plays flawlessly.

So it seems the problem is more related to how Photoshop imports the specific source file than to how it exports the final product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines