Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Exporting& Share) Burn to ISO 4.7GB Problem

New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

This is the first time I've tried to burn to anything after a project has been made in the Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 version. In the past when I used Adobe Elements 8 the "Burn to Folder 4.7gb" with "Fit Contents to available space" checked on enabled me to burn a media timeline duration of about 3 to 4 hours. Now, I'm lucky if I can "Burn to ISO 4.7gb" with "Fit Contents to available space" check on with a media timeline duration of 2 hours and 35 minutes.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there someway I can add "Burn to Folder 4.7gb" as an option in addition to the ISO one that is already built-in?
  2. Is there a way to adjust settings in order to put up to 3 to 4 hours of media timeline duration with "Fit Contents to available space" checked on? Whenever I tried to do this I would get an "insufficient disc space" warning, forcing me to trim the duration down on my media. This is not something that I would like to do, and sometimes not even possible, depending on the media that I am working with. I also do not want to buy a dual layer DVD disc either because I KNOW that I was able to put the duration that I wanted in the past on a single layer at 4.7gb.

The system that I am running my Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 is on Windows 10. Please tell me how to do what I once did in Windows 8. I have enough harddrive space to do the job (2tb), and have adjusted the "Scratch Disc" settings to save everything there. It's just a matter of fiddling with the burn settings or something...I'm not familiar how to go about this. Thank you.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 4.7 gig DVD holds about 80-100 minutes of video at full resolution video. I don't know how you're fitting 3-4 hours of video on a disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I'm trying to figure out, Steve. In the older version that I used, Elements 8, as explained in my original post, Elements compressed this to 4.7gb. I did lose some quality but I was still able to burn to folder at the capacity that I wanted.

In this new 2020 Premiere Elements I am forced to delete media from my tinekine, regardless of its "fit" description, as I mentioned in my original post. I don't know why this is and I do not want to burn it at a larger capacity (for dual layer DVD) ascI only have single 4.7gb single layer DVD discs. I am not compelled to buy larger DVD discs when I was able to do the same thing that I am trying to achieve now in an older version.

In other words, is there a setting over and above the fit contents that Elements has built in in order for me to lose a bit of quality in order to put more on my disc? I did not know how this was done in my older version except that the fit contents worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set iso to 8.5 gb. Might work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it would but I don't have DVD discs of that size and am not compelled to buy them. Please read my response to Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Split project into two; spread over 2 disks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that's not what I want or did in a previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2.5 hours is max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever find a solution? I too miss 'the old days' of having more control over how many hours that could fit on a standard DVD. There is still a large market in my market for DVD's and it seems as though we keep losing options to how we used to do what we did.

I just ran into this today with a client that had 3 hours and 20 minutes that HAS to be on one DVD.

With the older versions of Elements, no problem. Now it's impossible?

How did you fix your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines