• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Time

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been using Premier Elements 2020 for mulitple videos (around 100), never had any exporting or rendering issues. Until tonight. It's giving me a rendering time of over a month, and a exporting time of anywhere from 16-24 hours. My videos are typically anywhere between 45-60 mins, and the export process usually takes 30 mins tops. I'm using an Alienware R15 with nVIDIA Graphics Driver (which I just updated thinking it was that). Nope.

Please help as this is vital to my work.

Thank you

TOPICS
Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked well and now it doesn't.  There is nothing inherintly in the program to cause this.  Something changed on your computer or your procedures.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I’ll look deeper into it tomorrow. I’ve updated my graphics drivers and
all. The only thing I manipulated was I added “Recuva” to try to recover a
different video episode I accidentally deleted. But it had nothing to do
with this issue, in and of itself. Thanks--
Kevin Rauber
Host/Founder
Hellbound with Halos Podcast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, Premiere Elements doesn't use your graphics card's power as part of its rendering process. It uses only your processor.

I assume you also have lots (100+ gigs) of free space on your hard drive. 

I'd recommend an experiment. Take your long project, do a Save As to save a copy and, in this copy, delete all but about 10 minutes of video. How long does it take to render it? 

If it's still taking an inordinate amount of time to render a mere 10 minutes, we should try to figure out why. My guess is that this is not standard camcorder or phone video. Video from screen recorders (FRAPS for instance) plays by a whole different set of rules and can add considerably to your render times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It’s from a GoPro Hero 8 Black. Like I’ve said. I’ve never had an issue
until now with rendering. --
Kevin Rauber
Host/Founder
Hellbound with Halos Podcast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines